We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any help regarding nice beach and hotel please,but no girlie

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
413 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Any help regarding nice beach and hotel please,but no girlie

hi

we went to Koh samui in Feb this year and I really enjoyed it,it was our first time to thailand and we fell in love with it.

we stayed about a 30 mins walk from Lamai which was a little to tourist for us and I really did not like the girlie bars,are there girlie bars in Khao Lak ???

So please can any one recommend an area in Khao Lak.

My wish list would be

A beautiful soft sandy beach

An area with which we can walk to bars and restaurants

A nice small hotel with pool (we dont like the big hotel chains as we prefer a hotel thats in keeping with the surroundings) and on the beach if possiable.

the stay will be part of a 3/4 weel trip to the far east and we most likely would like to come too Khao Lak from Penang Malaysia .

is this possiable???

Any help for my above question would be a great help.

thanks in advance.

We stayed at Samaya Bura in Koh samui and this hotel was fab

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any help regarding nice beach and hotel please,but no girlie

Hi and welcome to the Forum,

First if you haven't already have a look at the various Top Questions about Khao Lak at the top right of the forum to give you background to the option for making the most of Khao Lak's 25km of beautifuk beaches and in particular the links to maps showing the location of the various resorts.

Whattime of year are you thinking of and what would be your daily budget for accommodation. This will help to give you ideas.

Basically there are two main townshops, Bang La On (known as Khao Lak) and 5 minutes up the highway, rapidly developing Bang Niang. Both have loads of restaurants and bars within walking distanc of resorts. Bang Niang has more on or overlooking the beach.

There are 2 Ladyboy Cabaret Bars in Bang Niang but no girlie bars. Khao Lak is very family orientated and reminds me of Koh Samui when we went there in 1995.

You can fly from Penang (not our favourite place after returning there this year after first visiting in 1994. Beaches and choiice of accommodation don't bcompare to KHao Lak IMO) by FireFly to Phuket then 1 hour transfer to Khao Lak. Langkawi has a more Thai feel about it and much nicer and laid back than Penang. East Coast of Malaysia (Cheerating, Redang Island, Perhentian Island well worth considering).

London
Level Contributor
395 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any help regarding nice beach and hotel please,but no girlie

At the risk of being boring because I have recommended it loads of times, I think the Chong Fah Resort on Bang Niang beach would meet all your requirements for a hotel. It's paradise.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any help regarding nice beach and hotel please,but no girlie

Hi,

Have a look at these two sites gives you a good idea of accommadation and prices

www.khaolak.de and also

www.khaolaklovers.com

Julie

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
506 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any help regarding nice beach and hotel please,but no girlie

Having just returned from Khao Lak (stayed at La Flora), I think the Chong Fah recommendation is a good one. I noticed that place and had a good look around and if in Khao Lak again would definitely consider staying there. The best thing about Bang Nian? The beach is fabulous, we never even bothered with the town, choosing to eat at the beach shack restaurants or Chong Fah at night, again reminded me of Koh Samui in the early nineties when you could eat on the beach with your feet in the sand.

(Be careful walking along the beach in the dark though, I went down a large hole barefoot and badly sprained my ankle, two weeks later still swollen and hurting!)

5. Re: Any help regarding nice beach and hotel please,but no girlie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2010, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak