We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels

Hi, we were due to visit Khao lak now but due to the problems here in the UK our flights were cancelled so we are now looking at Oct / Nov . is the weather as good in oct? also is everything open then?

Now but we cant get our original hotel the Orchid Beach Resort so we,ve been looking for alternatives that are of the same quality. any ideas please!! iv looked at Furama Xpress Bandniang Beach, Khaolak Oriental Resort, Khaolak Bhandari Resort, Khaolak Emerald Resort, but cant decide Thank Lisa xx

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket Orchid Resort & Spa
Phuket Orchid Resort...
755 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khaolak Oriental Resort
Khaolak Oriental Resort
314 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa
Khaolak Bhandari Resort...
798 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak Emerald Beach Resort & Spa
Khao Lak Emerald Beach...
503 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
#2 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Khaolak Paradise Resort
Khaolak Paradise Resort
#5 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels

hi Lisa

well up to end Oct its still low season and what they call rainy season, although mostly rains overnight and occasional showers, but most of the beach bars and resturants will close, the one's in the town open though, but also the island tours may not operate, Similian islands, however you can still go to Khao Sok national park and Phang nga bay etc

Maybe into Nov maybe better but then gets a bit more expensive

have a look at Khao Lak Merlin Beach Resort, we are staying there in Sept in a pool access room and being low season got 5 free nights (staying 10) we have stayed at the Merlin Beach in Phuket a few times and love it thats why we chose that one www.merlinphuket.com its on that website

also Suwan Palm Resort, maybe not as good as the one's you have picked but a nice resort, good location and has good reviews www.suwanpalm.com the delux or suite rooms look good (my son staying there in Jan)

out of the ones you have picked i think Emerald looks good

will the planes not be up and running (or flying) by maybe end May so you can go sooner?

Edited: 21 April 2010, 20:37
Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,852 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Suwan Palm Resort
Suwan Palm Resort
258 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
503 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels

hi ,disagree with the last post was in khao lak last october and 90% of beach places were open second week of october and all by the end of october,even the similan "official" trips were operating in the third week.

the weather was good with thunder showers late afternoon/early evening on some days.

have you tried booking direct with the hotel via their own website as i doubt it will be sold out.

happy planning and maybe see you in khao lak in october,we are at the jwm the last week after being in krabi and koh kho khao first.

happy planning

norwichblue1

Norway
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels

Hi Lisa

I have stayed in Merlin twice, and going there again in january. I love it. Emerald is next door and Iv been inside. Merlin wins by a mile in my eyes.A litle out of the main townships,(Bang La On and Bang Niang) but just 5-10 min with Taxi. 150 bath one way. Have a nice trip.

WinterNorway

Mentioned in this post
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,852 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
503 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels

Hi

Thankyou for the info looks like we will go in October now its that bit cheaper!! Cant wait xx

newcastle
Level Contributor
184 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels

hi, we have just arrived back from furama xpress(bang niang beach resort) and had a fab time. the hotel is 1 street back from the beach. there are also plenty of restaurants and shops near by. if you want to be close to good beach shops and plenty restaurants i would definatly look to stay in bang niang beach area. the hotel itself was very clean, the staff and service were excellent. we only ate breakfast there but there was plenty choice. when we checked in we were upgraded to a pool access room which great. if and when we go back to khao lak i would certainly stay at furama xpress again. once i recover from our volcano delay i will write a review of hotel!

hope that helps!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,413 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels

Hi guys,

Hope you are home now.We are still in Kuala Lumpur returning home on 27th or earlier if Emirates can manage it.

Regards

Alan

Mentioned in this post
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
newcastle
Level Contributor
184 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels

hi alan,

hope you manage to get hope! we rescheduled our flights from friday to wednesday and were lucky that the air space was open otherwise we could have been there untill early may! we ended up getting air asia flights to langkawi and spent 5 nights there! just need to try to sort out compensation now. have a safe flight home!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,413 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels

Let me know if you get compensation as we have been told not to expect any!

9. Re: Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2010, 10:51
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak