We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in November....

Vancouver
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Weather in November....

Hi everyone. I'm planning a trip to Khao Lak in November. I see that this is the start of the "expensive" season....does this mean its also the start of the dry season? Are most places open in November, and is the sea swimable? I just wouldn't want to pay the more expensive prices if the weather is not yet nice in November...

Thanks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Weather in November....

Yes, November marks the start of the Dry Season but there is some residual rainfall (as there is in other months in the Dry Season too). Most if not all restaurants, bars and shops will be open and tours, particularly to the Similan and Surin Islands in full swing. It is particularly a good time to visit Khao Sok National park about an hour north as the rivers will be full and canoe riding a more enjoyable experience.

As for expensive, whilst prices in the Wet Season fall as much as 50% I would look hard and contact resorts direct for "best prices" as I am sure, as with other destinations in Thailand, Khao Lak resorts will be competing very keenly for business after the current problems in Bangkok have been resolved.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: Weather in November....

Hi,

I have not been early November but in the past have chosen mid november and the rainfall has been light and in the evening if any with sunny days. The sea has been swimable and everything open. The weather climate now can never be predicted ..

Edited: 14 April 2010, 19:31
Vancouver
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Weather in November....

Thanks very much for the fantastic information. Sounds like November will be a great time to visit....can't wait!!! Now on to choosing a hotel....

4. Re: Weather in November....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2010, 10:56
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak