We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Second trip to Thailand.... have some questions..

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
327 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Second trip to Thailand.... have some questions..

I am planning my second trip to Thailand for this June... Last time I was in Chiang Mai, Samui and Phuket... (2 days at the JW Marriott..)

This time around I am looking for a good quiet resort suitable for kids (1 and 4), large grounds, places for them to run around etc... ppl suggested the Le Meridien (which is good because I am a Plat member with SPG) wondering if this is really my best choice?

How would you compare it with the Phuket JW? (which I've been to)..

How about the Khao Lak JW is it much better than the Meridian?

Anyone know where I Can find any pics of the childrens play area?! is there a play ground? Also any ideas of activities this time of year?!! IS there a zoo anywhere, or elephant rides in the vicinity?

I know weather is questionable but I figured if I'm there for a week I'm bound to get decent weather for a few days atleast.

Are there any snorkeling opportunities this time of year? or only on Samui?! Is the beach at all usable?

If anyone has any other suggestions for great resorts for kids that aren't packed please let me know...

Any other tips greatly appreciated!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Second trip to Thailand.... have some questions..

In mine and many people's view the Le Meridien has the best children's facilities of all thye resorts in Khao Lak, certainly more than the JWM. It has a family wing which overlooks a separate large pool with lazy river around it for the children as well as a small paddling pool for toddlers. It also has a supervised Kids' Club. There is also a small zoo in the resort which also has at the moment its own baby elephant. There are several elephant treks nearby, including the Sairung Elephant trek which is nearby.

Whilst the Similans and the Surins Islands will be closed if the weather permits tours will run with snorkeling from the boat. Thev Le M has oys own marked bathing area with lifeguard watching over and flags to indicate whether swimming is advisable.

No resort oin Khao Lak will be packed in June and you should get good rates particularly if you are a SPG Plat member.

2. Re: Second trip to Thailand.... have some questions..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2010, 10:50
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak