We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramada Renovation

brindle
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ramada Renovation

We are due to stay at the Ramada in May and have been told to expect building work.Can anyone conform the extent of the disruption or suggest a similar hotel with the same range of nearby amenities.

Many Thanks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramada Renovation

The Ramada currently occupies only part of the site originally purchsed, the remainder being reserved for future expansion. That time seems to have arrived. At the moment two of their new bungalow types are being built at the bottom of the Bang Niang Beach Road, opposite the Chong Fah Restaurant as "show bungalows" for the new types.

While we are still here I will try and find out when the main building work starts and the extent of it and post here.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Chong Fah Restaurant
Chong Fah Restaurant
239 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramada Renovation

According to Ramada front desk staff, the building works is an extension of the existing site and is adjacent to existing site to the rear of the beach front villas which will also be increased in number. The work starts in May and is expected to be completed within 6 months for the next Dry Season. The wing backing on to the new building works will be closed and, staff say, there should be no disruption to guests in the other accommodation.

brindle
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramada Renovation

Arandora,

Really appreciate your efforts and it is helping us make a decision on whether to move away from the Ramada...or not.

I was worried they might be building a replica Teanlowe Centre!!

(Anyone not sure of the reply....It's just a Poulton-Le-Fylde gag!!)

Graham

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ramada Renovation

Hi Graham,

There was nearly no Teanlowe Centre while we were away due to "accidental" fire. ;

Given it is low season and although Ramada enjoys higher than average occupancy in that period, I don't think guests wll suffer disruption in May. The Spa is over near the wing that is being closed but I think that will remain open.

Regards

Alan

brindle
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ramada Renovation

We have now been offered an alternative hotel.Either J W Marriott or Le Meridien.

Ideally we would like somewhere we can visit local restaurants of an evening without to much travel costs.

Once again any help would be appreciated.

Graham.

Mentioned in this post
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,498 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ramada Renovation

Hi Graham,

Both the Le M and the JWM are on moe beaitiful but more secluded beaches and in May you will be reliant on taxis or sghuttle to Bang Niang or Bang La on for restaurants and shops as the beach restauarants nearby will have closed. Of the two, I till prefer the established Le Meridien even though it is a bit further out.

Could I suggest the La Flora, next to the Ramada but on the opposite side from the Ramada so should definitely be no disruption there unless the building work is far more extensive and the Chong Fah, a lovely small boutique resort another few hundred metres further along (beach villas particularly recommended).

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,498 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,142 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ramada Renovation

Hi Graham,

We are currently staying at the Chong Fah in a beach front bungalow and highly recommend it. The location, facilities and friendly service are all sensational. If I recall correctly from when we were shopping around the rates are similar or a little cheaper than a comparable room at the Ramada. Cheers.

8. Re: Ramada Renovation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2010, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak