We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new boss tailors

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
67 reviews
new boss tailors

hi

we are staying at KL Merlin resort in Sept, have noticed on the map there is a tailor called 'new boss tailors' on the road outside of Merlin, any recomendations on this tailor? ie; prices, quality of work? or any others that may be good in the area

we are staying in Patong first before coming to KL and wandering if we should get anything made in Patong or KL

thanks

mossy

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: new boss tailors

There are more tailors in Khao Lak than you can shake a stick at!! Far too many and most being fronts for outfits from Patong or Bangkok. Personally I'm always suspicious about ones that call themselves "Boss" or "Armani" implying that they have a connection with these international fashion houses. I've only ever used and still do use one tailor in Khao Lak, that is Monty the Tailor who is an independent and longest established tailor in Khao Lak and does not employ selling from the street tactics, so I am biased. You can find him in the Khao Lak Grand City plaza which is the big yellow building on your right as you come over the mountain into Bang La On. You can contact him in advance with your requirements on his website at http://www.montythetailor.com/

Hopefully, others will come along with their experiences of other tailors.

Edited: 03 April 2010, 06:29
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: new boss tailors

Thanks arandora for your help on that, i know what all the tailors are like in Patong only too well and have used 2 reliable ones there, but want to get something made in KL when we are there, so thanks for the info

i have heard about Monty before so will note that down and go and see him

thanks

mossy

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: new boss tailors

Your reliable ones in Patong may have branches in Khao Lak which you may find more convenient or will give you a good comparison if you get quotes from others.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
1 review
4. Re: new boss tailors

bangkokpost.com/news/investigation/35583/sti…

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: new boss tailors

Interesting and iluuminating article. Underlines the need to go with tailos you have used and been satisfied with or been recommended to you.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
67 reviews
6. Re: new boss tailors

Thanks for that link Phill, very interesting read, just goes to show how a lot of tourists get caught and thats why i like to stick with ones i have used and got good results from, that was the reason for my question on "new boss tailors" as i only saw them advertised on the map???, if they are hanging around out the front trying to get people in they have NO CHANCE of our business!

I would never leave getting my items without trying on and inspecting them first and with plenty of time beore we leave Thailand to make alterations if needed

thanks arandora and phill for all the info

7. Re: new boss tailors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2010, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak