We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien hotel question

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Le Meridien hotel question

Hi

We’re staying at the Le Meridien towards the end of April and wondering if anyone knows if Le Meridien has a book library. It would be good not to have to bring too many books with me. I’ve seen in the forum there is a second hand book shop in town, but would be easier if I can just borrow books at the hotel and I can then leave mine there when I've finished with them.

This is going to be out first time in Koh Lak so really looking forward to it.

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,477 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,407 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Meridien hotel question

When we were there last there were books behind Reception to borrow. Only problem, as with where we are currently staying, the great majority were in German or Scandinavian, reflecting the nationalitity of the majority of guests. Hope it is now better for you.

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Meridien hotel question

hi ,agree with arandora hardly an english language book to be borrowed at the le meridien.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Meridien hotel question

Thanks Arandora and NorwichBlue1 for your responses - that's good to know. I'll need to squeeze a few more books in the suitcase than originally planned!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Meridien hotel question

First time in Khao Lak....??....Somehow I do believe that this is not going to be your last....!!

Our first time was last July/August and believe me,it's not our last...!!!

Phuket is nice-Khao Lak is wonderful.....!!!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Meridien hotel question

Hi again - I just have a few more questions about Le Meridien:

We have requested a room in the Spa Wing, however, I forgot to ask for a sea facing room - so now wondering are all the rooms in the spa wing sea facing (ie the ones on the higher floors) or do I need to also request this with the hotel? Also, has anyone requested a room in the Spa wing, then been put in the family wing ? We (husband and I) are hoping this doesn't happen to us as we really don't want to stay in the family part of the hotel.

Question about activities - from what I've read on this forum yoga, pilates are available at the hotel - are these available free of charge each day? Also, does the hotel have kayaks available for guests?

Finally, one more question.... we don't have breakfast included for some of the days of our stay, so just wanted to see if the restaurants outside the hotel are open in the mornings for us to get some brekkie. We'd prefer not to pay for a hotel buffet breakfast on these days.

Many thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
3,477 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Telford, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Meridien hotel question

Hi, We normally stay at Meridien in April, though last year we went in October. The books were definitely better this time around, as in although the majority were foreign, I did find a few English - as you are going toward the end of the high season you will find more English and there are now more than a couple of shelves of books (I left 4 good English books!)

Yes it happened to us, we specified, with a 'few' emails, our strong request for a Spa Wing room, third floor, SPG. We arrived and got the apologies that due to ongoing work, no spa wing rooms were available, so were put into the family wing. We quickly sussed out that was not completely true! With a bit of complaining and smiles!! we were moved within a few days and given a couple of options. We went for the SPG room as they tend to be slightly better location. The rooms do 'face' the sea (you can just about see the sea through the surrounding palm trees) but your view is actually the Spa pool and area - very pretty specially at night with all the lights. Yoga is mornings and early evenings and is free - I made it to the mornings but the early evenings were usually too busy (with G & Ts or Changs!!). The manager is extremely hands on and enjoys chatting, so if you have a problem talk to him - wihtout being balshy! Its a great Hotel, with plenty of restaurants and the new manager is doing his utmost to make food and drink more attractive pricewise. But we love and always use the Rimlay - local beach 'restaurant' (to the left facing the sea on the beach)which is run by wonderful people and Kwan does brilliant tours - and she has her own tourist license. Also to the right is another shack run by neighbours from the same village as the Rimlay folks (Rimlay family helped them get set up and a couple of them used to work at the Rimlay - wouldn't it be nice if all businesses ran so well with each other!). They normallly stay open till early/mid May. Is there no way you can sort out your breakfast with the Meridien before you go? Breakfast is wonderful and is well worth it - you dont need lunch!

Have a wonderful time - you will love it. We had a month in KL last year and cant wait to return.

Mentioned in this post
3,477 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Meridien hotel question

hi ,just to confirm what sandemac has said and yes they do have kayaks and hobie cats if required.

nb1

8. Re: Le Meridien hotel question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2010, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak