We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Sok national park weather in june

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Khao Sok national park weather in june

Hi there,

My girlfriend and I are travelling to Thailand for 2 weeks in June. As part of our trip we were going to stay in Khao Sok national park for 3 days but were wondering if the weather would make it an uncomfortable stay? We initially planned to travel south from Bangkok to spend most of our time in the Krabi area but were not sure if going north from Bangkok (e.g. Chang Mai area) would be better as it is the wet season? Any advice is much appreciated!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Khao Sok national park weather in june

Well it is the Wet Season both in Khao Sok and Krabi but expect more rain in Khao Sok as it is a rain forest and a higher than average rainfall area. That said, I doubt very much in June you will get day long rain, just havy periodic, probably afternon downpours so himidity level will be higher than usual - plenty of water when you are out walking and bug repellant day and evening. However, the forest will be greener and fresher and the river running more full, making for more exciting raft rides and tubing. I thik ou will get better information on Chiang Mai Forum about weather there in June.

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Khao Sok national park weather in june

Thank you so much for your reply! we have just booked our tickets and can't wait to go!

3. Re: Khao Sok national park weather in june

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2010, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak