We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridian Resort

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
4 reviews
Le Meridian Resort

Hi All,

Thinking of visiting Le Meridian in Feb 2011 ( long way off ! )

I'v read that its quite isolated ??

Are there many bars/restaurants walkable !!

How faraway is the main town ??

Is booking direct with resort a cheaper option than package ??

Has anybody done this & what was the rates please !!!

What are the best rooms to stay in ( beach or pool views etc !! )

We are mid 40s couple with 3yr old but still like to get out in the early evening for drinks& nice Thai food.

Many many thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Le Meridian Resort

If you use the Search function on this forum and put in Le Meridien you will find loads of information about this deservedly well thought of top class resort.

It is located on the best part of Pak Weeb Beach, the best of Khao Lak's various beautiful beaches and at the time of year you are thinking of there are several restaurants which serve drinks but not really bars as such within easy walking distance. However the main townships of Bang Niang and Bang La On where you will find many restaurants, bars and shops are 10 minutes and 15 minutes away by hotel shuttle or taxi respectively.

We booked our two stays at Le M independently, getting the best separate deals for accommodation and flights. Compare any package costs with various search options (Google is my best friend!) as sometimes packages can offer a better deal and be less complicated if you are not usually a holiday D-I-Yer.

There is a variety of accommodation available depending on your budget. There is a separate family wing with rooms for family with children, their own large pool with lazy river and an organised indoor Kids' Club, probably the best in Khao Lak.

Perhaps recent guests may come along and advise on current rates but also register, if you haven't already, as a Starwood Preferred Guest as periodically there are good offers for booking direct.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: Le Meridian Resort

Hi,

The LM which has a fantastic location at Pak Weep beach does have a few outside restaurant options as well as the hotels 6 restaurants. The nearest is the Rim Lay within a few minutes walk also Ma Ma Leks just a stroll along the beach towards Bangsak also in the other direction near to the Sarojin at white sand beach at Ao Thong there are a few restaurants with a new hotel resort being built and also the Boatyard rest. The beach restaurants will close down in low season and next year 2011 there could be more along the beach as each year some come and go. This year there has been a couple more than what was available last year. Also a few restaurants on the highway outside the hotel but the beach restaurants are better for views and ambiance.The main town is a 15 to 20 minute hotel or taxi shuttle ride easily done with plenty of restaurant choices in Khao Lak. You could book direct but I have never found this to be the cheaper option unless you are using starwood points or the hotel has a special promotion . I shop around and look for the best rate a package with a good operator sometimes comes in cheaper if they have a good airline rate to tie up with it. The best rooms are the beach villas for a beach view but they are expensive. The Lagoon villas are nice also but I usualy have a pool view room on the 3rd floor which is the top floor which is a deluxe room these are pool view or garden view. The LM this year now have a baby elephant which is popular with the children and the facilities for children are some of the best in Khao Lak.

3. Re: Le Meridian Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2010, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak