We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak Marriott Beaches?

los altos hills
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Khao Lak Marriott Beaches?

Hi,

Can anyone let me know about the beach in front of the Marriott? Is is white sand/ soft and is the sea safe for swimming. We will be there mid-April. Are there any other resorts nearby or is it pretty quiet?

Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Khao Lak Marriott Beaches?

The JWM is located on the beautiful Khuk Khak Beach, which is a very long beach of soft white sand separated into 2 parts by inlets running from lagoons into the ocean. These inlets varying width and depth and often direction because of the nature of tides and currents. The JWM is on the northerly part, sharing it with the Andamania resort which is about 500 metres south. There are currently about 6 or 7 beach restaurants/bars operating at various levels of capacity, one immediately to the left probably remaining open all year, the others may close due to a combination of weather and numbers of guests. In Mid-April, although building up for the Wet Season I would expect them all to be still open. I hope so as we will still be there! The best one, IMHO, is to the north (right) from the JWM just before the inlet that separates Khuk Khak from Pakarang Beach (where there a few more restaurants if you want a good long walk. It is called Ma-Ma Greetings and has great massage as well as food. Careful if you cross any of these inlets at low tide, particularly at night, as when they are running full, the water will be deep and a strong current running. At the opposite end of the JWM stretch is a lovely little beach bar, selling drinks and fresh fruit with plenty of shade and all kinds of things, including a double bed, to rest on while you have a rest. If you want a massage you go on board a fishing boat moored out at the back in the creek. Very simple, very charming!

Normally the ocean on this stretch is quite rough waves near shore which makes it very exciting - but take care! At the moment though, the ocean has been as calm as I can remember in Khao Lak for such a long period, and although the beautiful turquoise it always is, it has been wonderfully clear near shore too and although sloping a bit when the tide is in, it remains quite shallow for a good while. Whether it stays like this into April, I very much doubt.

For pics of KK Beach, including that near the JWM from December until now have a look at …google.com/Arandora/KhukKhakBeach02…

and for this time last year at picasaweb.google.com/Arandora/KhukKhakBeach…

los altos hills
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Khao Lak Marriott Beaches?

Perfect, Thanks!

3. Re: Khao Lak Marriott Beaches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2010, 09:50
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations