We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does Khao Lak compare to Hua Hin

Donaghadee, United...
Level Contributor
646 posts
104 reviews
How does Khao Lak compare to Hua Hin

Hi. I've been going to Hua Hin since 1998 and have always liked it but feel it's got a bit touristy and spread out now. Booked Khao Lak this year. I know the beach is probably much nicer in KL but just wonder how it compares in terms of size, amenities, bars, restuarants, atmosphere etc.

Has anyone been to both and have a view?

Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: How does Khao Lak compare to Hua Hin

We went last to Hua Hinn in 1999 and thoroughly enjoyed it although we found the beach and the oc ean disappointing - not the picture postcard we associate ith Thailand. We particularly enjoyed the local shops and restaurants, especially the seafood ones on the pier. Since then I believe it has expanded considerably. Khao Lak has much of the simple charm we found, the local (but touristy) shops and 25km of fabulous beaches. The atmosphere is very laid back in KL and quite family/couple orientated. If you haven't already have a look at the Top Questions about Khao Lak for more information on what KL has to offer.

Where are yopu staying then you can receive more specific information?

Donaghadee, United...
Level Contributor
646 posts
104 reviews
2. Re: How does Khao Lak compare to Hua Hin

Thanks for quick reply. We will be in the Sarojin for 6 nts and then have 3 nights still to arrange. We had thought of trying the Marriott for 3 but not sure if we will have had enough of the quiet life by then and maybe head off somewhere towards Phuket (but probably not Patong!) Any recommendations for a last 3 nights would be welcome.

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: How does Khao Lak compare to Hua Hin

hi,just confirming what arandoa has said really while hua hin is a decent resort in it`s own right it does get very busy especially friday through to sunday where as khao lak is much more laid back with out being life less.k.l. also has terrific trips,restaurants etc.and a better beach enviroment imho.

norwichblue1

tasmania
Level Contributor
401 posts
160 reviews
4. Re: How does Khao Lak compare to Hua Hin

Hi,

in regards to where to spend your last 3 nights, I would recomend Indigo Pearl. It is only 5 minutes from the airport a beautiful resort right across the road from a good beach that is lined with small good local restauants. We stayed there last year and can't wait to get back there in july this year.

Nette

Donaghadee, United...
Level Contributor
646 posts
104 reviews
5. Re: How does Khao Lak compare to Hua Hin

Thank you for great advice. I have looked at Indigo Pearl and am hooked - looks fab. Just about to book pearl suite - can't wait

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: How does Khao Lak compare to Hua Hin

can you give me some of idea of what trips are available please. Phi Phi? Elephants?

many thanks

7. Re: How does Khao Lak compare to Hua Hin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2010, 11:58
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak