We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkawi to Khao Lak

Surrey
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Langkawi to Khao Lak

Hi

I have given up trying to find an easy way to fly from Langkawi to Phuket as the connections mean a days travel!

We can get a ferry from langkawi to Satun but could anyone tell me how long the drive would be from Satun to Khao Lak? Also if anyone could recommend a reputable company to arrange to drive us? We are travelling in March.

Many thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Langkawi to Khao Lak

You can get the ferry to Penang then FireFly flight to Phuket then taxi to Khao lak.

Or try Boss at Cheaper than Hotel Taxis in Khao Lak on cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com He May be prepared to arrange transfer from Satun or suggest an alternative local outfit in Satun.

Or try Khao Lak Travel Center at http://www.khaolaktravelcenter.com/

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Langkawi to Khao Lak

Sorry, forgot. You can now fly direct from Langkawi to Phuket with Happy Airway - see malaysia.com/news/…

Use Boss to transfer you from Phuket to Khao Lak for 1000 baht.

Surrey
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
3. Re: Langkawi to Khao Lak

Thank you!!! I will look into the options.

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Langkawi to Khao Lak

Langkawi - Phuket

At the moment they show just 2 flights per week on Thu & Sat: deps 1200 arr 1200 ( 1 hr time difference so flight time 1 hr )

http://www.happyair.co.th/

Firefly Penang-Phuket - as with most airline websites trying to find out simply which days flights go is not easy - you will have to check the dates

You may be able to do Langkawi-Penang-Phuket but the website won't show that, you will have to look for langkawi-Penang and then Penang-Phuket

Also noter you would go thru Immigration at Penang so you would have to be sure if such a connection existed you had time for that.

Taking the ferry from Langkawi to Satun I think nowadays takes 1 hr 30 mins - then a car+driver to meet you there and take you to Khao Lak

http://www.fireflyz.com.my/

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Langkawi to Khao Lak

Example on Firefly

10 March

Langkawi-Penang 0925-1000

Penang-Phuket 1315-1330

So that means 3 hrs 15 at Penang Airport !

The Penang-Phuket does not appear to be daily. You would have to check the dates.

There is also the option of flying Langkawi-Kuala Lumpur-Phuket

Important note:

If you hold a passport that allows 30 days entry into Thailand NOTE that is for arrival by air. If you arrive by land or in your case from Langkawi by sea you only get 15 DAYS !!

Surrey
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
6. Re: Langkawi to Khao Lak

Thank you everyone for your help.

In the end I have managed to get not bad connections by taking Air Asia to KL then KL to Phuket.

I have been in email contact with Happy Air over the last month and found out a few days ago that they have now decided to only do the Langkawi-Phuket route once a month!!! They couldn't tell me which date in March they were flying hence my dilemma.

thanks again!

Amanda

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: Langkawi to Khao Lak

I wouldn't be very happy with Happy Air with a once a month schedule either!

Perth
Level Contributor
583 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: Langkawi to Khao Lak

You will be happy with your flight from KL to Phuket with Air Asia.

We did this connection from Perth to KL to Phuket last year and found Air Asia O.K.

Will be flying the same route in July this year.

Regards

9. Re: Langkawi to Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2010, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak