We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramada, JW Marriot or Le Meridien - where would you stay ?

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Ramada, JW Marriot or Le Meridien - where would you stay ?

Hi,

I am trying to understand which of the above 3 hotels to choose for my honeymoon - can anyone help please.

They are all about the same price from my enquiries so money is not an issue

many thanks

Simon

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramada, JW Marriot or Le Meridien - where would you stay ?

Hi Simon,

Decisions! Decisions! and such an important one for a honeymoon venue.

First in terms of locatiuon, the Le M s located on arguably the best stretch of the beautiful Pak weeb Beach and although a large hotel with the most beautiful grounds of the three you are considerng, there are enough accommodation and sun-bathing options to ensure privacy. If there is a criticism the meal prices at the various restaurants within the rsort are pricy but it is 5* and priced accordingly. There are a few beach restaurants within walking distance either way but it will depend when you are there. Beach restaurants close in the Wet Season from May to October, otherwise it is the hotel shuttle or taxi into Bang la On, the main township, about 15 minutes, or Bang Niang, about 10 minutes.

The JWM is the latest addition to Khao Lak's "luxury" collection and is located on the beautiful but more rugged Khuk Khak Beach, again with beach restaurants nearby, open dependent on season. Shuttle/taxi to "town" is about 10 minutes too. More modern pseudo/Thai than Le M but a bit more impersonal, I feel, and not as nice rounds.

The Ramada is located on the widest part of the busier Bang Niang Beach within easy walking distance in all directions of restaurants, bars and shops both on or overlooking the beach and on the surrounding roads up to the highway. Bang La On is about 5 - 10 minutes by taxi.

The Le Meridien (and we'vestayed there twice) has it for me for a honeymoon for its location.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramada, JW Marriot or Le Meridien - where would you stay ?

Hi,

The Marriot was not open when i was last in KL as its a fairly newish resort . I have stayed at the Meridien many times and the beach is indeed beautifull on this stretch. I have some photos at this link of the Le Meridien

www.photobox.co.uk/album/104309164

Julie

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramada, JW Marriot or Le Meridien - where would you stay ?

thank you guys for your views - it sounds like Le meridien's high food prices are its only draw back, think thats the place for us this March!

if anyone else has any views, i will check this forum every few days ...

thanks

Simon

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ramada, JW Marriot or Le Meridien - where would you stay ?

Hi Simon,

In March you will find the beach restaurants open which are in walking distance . My hubby is at the LM at the moment and his favourites are the Rim Lay which is a few minutes walk along the beach and a new one called Ma Ma's Lek which is right along the beach. There is also a few others and some more at White Sand beach by the Sarojin. The buffet evenings are very good at the LM especialy the BBQ on the beach and the Baan Thai in the hotel is a lovely restaurant for a special evening.

Julie

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ramada, JW Marriot or Le Meridien - where would you stay ?

I am very envious, sounds like the place to be- thanks fo taking the time to reply

Simon

6. Re: Ramada, JW Marriot or Le Meridien - where would you stay ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2010, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak