We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach near JWM Khuk - Khuk

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Beach near JWM Khuk - Khuk

Would like to make a choice between the JWM and Ramada in Khao Lak based on the quality of beach. Will be travelling in end Feb/early March. I stayed at the Ramada a cpl of years ago and found it quite nice, but have read that khuk khuk beach is nicer. I am partial to white sand and clear water so any help on if either of those is a possibility.

thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach near JWM Khuk - Khuk

Khuk Khak Beach is whiter sand than Bang Niang where the Ramada is located but is very much quieter. You will be aware of the number of restaurants and bars near the Ramada and there are even more now than when you last visited. There are a few near the JWM as you will see from recent photos in this link tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

You will see more of the beach through this link tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k25…

However, because of the constant movement of the ocean, the water is not clear at any of Khao Lak's beaches although it is beautifully turquoise. There tend to be more waves along Khuk Khak beach but not so much near the JWM. Although we stay at Bang Niang we prefer Khuk Khak Beach.

Mentioned in this post
Khuk Khak
Khuk Khak
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach near JWM Khuk - Khuk

Thanks for the links. The pictures are most helpful. I will try khuk-khuk this time as quiet is perfectly fine with me. Seems like that the JWM is shaping up well, and probably will not be available at present price levels for very long.

3. Re: Beach near JWM Khuk - Khuk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2010, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak