We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants near Merlin Beach and rooms at Merlin Beach

midlands, england
Level Contributor
36 posts
15 reviews
restaurants near Merlin Beach and rooms at Merlin Beach

We are staying at the Merlin Beach in February. Can anyone recommend any good restaurants nearby to eat without having to go into the nearest town every night.

We have not been unable to upgrade our room at the Merlin due to availability. Can anyone recommend any good standard room numbers to stay in.

We are then going to Merlin Beach in Phuket. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle between the 2 hotels. I have emailed the hotel but have not received a reply. Does anyone have an up to date email address for the hotel. Thanks for any advise.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: restaurants near Merlin Beach and rooms at Merlin Beach

There are a handful of restaurants near the Merlin, nearest and most popular being Jo Seafood. You can also dine beachfront at the restaurants of the other resorts along the small promenade. There are a few others up on the highway too. Much better and bigger selection though 10 mins away by taxi over the mountain in Bang La on. If you want very simple but good local fayre for lunch or at sunset (take a torch with you) go left from the Merlin onto Poseidon beach where there are a few beach restaurants. The one we enjoy most is furthest along before you reach the Poseidon Bungalows.

If you continue to struggle with the Merlins about transfers (and I think they charge anyway) contact Boss at Cheaper than Hotel Taxis in Khao Lak on Cheaper than Hotel Taxi (cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com) for a quote. He has modern vehicles and is very reasonable and very reliable.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: restaurants near Merlin Beach and rooms at Merlin Beach

Hi Dorise

We are staying at Merlin Kaho Lak later this year but have booked a pool access room, haven't stayed there before so not sure on their room types, but we have stayed at Merlin Beach in Phuket 3 times and its great(fantastic resort) so if room types there are anything to go by you will be fine in the one you have, think they are quite simular

i contacted Merlin Beach also about transfers as we are staying in Phuket first, they quoted 2000 bhat and had to pay when booking so would book when there, but we are not staying at their Merlin resort in Phuket this time, so maybe less(or free) if going between the 2 resorts

OR as Arandora says Boss at cheaper than hotel taxi quoted me 1500bhat, he has a lot of recommendations too

I have a website and e-mail for Merlin: www.merlinphuket.com or

E-mail: merlinbeach@merlinphuket.com

England
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
3. Re: restaurants near Merlin Beach and rooms at Merlin Beach

We stayed in the Merlin at Khaolak Dec 9th 2090 until Dec 28th. Hotel is really nice. Breakfasts - something for everyone. The Beach at the bottom of the garden is lovely - some little bars on beach and they do snacks.

One of the restaurants we would recommend near the hotel is the Ban Lin Ray - it is to the right of the beach next to Jo's Seafood Restaurant, you will see the sign posts on the beach. There are quite a few around the hotel.

When you go out of the main entrance of the hotel you will see a bar called

Tiger's, next to Tiger's is a small supermarket and tour shop which also has a small bar, the waiter there is called Jeans (very good company). His cousin has a restaurant on Nang Tong Beach and he will pick you up, free of charge, and the food is good. The tour shop or hotel could arrange transport for you to Phuket, also there is a lot of taxis available just outside the hotel. It costs 150 bahts to go into Khao Lak, and there is some really nice restaurants around and so cheap.

I know that the Merlin in Khao Lak is really busy each February - one of their most popular months. We stayed in a DeLuxe room but from what I can remember the Superior rooms are quite nice as well.

The General Manager of the hotel is called Krisda, he is a true gent, and really cares about his guests - his E Mail address is

Krisda@merlinphuket.com - he will reply to all E Mails. We have stayed in the Merlin just outside of Patong (Tri-Trang beach) twice, but now having stayed at the Merlin in Khao Lak, we will be going back for definite. The hotel, staff and Krisda are wonderful.

Hope I have been of some help to you, and am quite envious of you - can't wait to go back. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. If Ican be of anymore help please get in touch.

Regards

Carole Emson

4. Re: restaurants near Merlin Beach and rooms at Merlin Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2010, 12:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak