We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New resort next to the Sarojin

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
New resort next to the Sarojin

Members considering staying at or near the Sarojin on Pak Weeb beach ask about the new resort that is currently being built immediately adjacent to the Sarojin.

Here is a link to photos taken yesterday (14/01/2010) which, I hope, show the scale and rate of progress in building this substantial new development.

picasaweb.google.com/Arandora/NewResort…

It is certainly progressing very quickly now and at this rate looks as though the next Dry Season (November 2010) is a target opening date. I will add to the album as the development proceeds over the next few months.

I understand that it is being developed and will be run by the renowned Cape Panwa in Phuket and may even carry that brand name.

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New resort next to the Sarojin

hi alan,can not believe how much has been added since we had a look in october,it is certainly going to be one huge resort not sure if it is going to be viable in the present climate and hope this is not the start of turning the lovely khao lak in to another phuket!!

barry

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New resort next to the Sarojin

Hi Alan,

From a few concrete blocks it is certainly going to be some resort. If it is going to become part of the Cape Panwa group then i think it should do well. They are very good at what they package and get many returning guests plus their fair share of celebrities.

Julie

Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New resort next to the Sarojin

Thanks for the info. I am contemplating visiting The Sarojin in August 2010.

Interested to know what impact this development (and associated construction) is likely to have on our experience at The Sarojin. Anyone have first hand experience on this?

I don't want to be relaxing only to be interrupted by the large noise of trucks, hammers etc.

Also, does it impact the view at all from the SArojin?

London
Level Contributor
335 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New resort next to the Sarojin

Arandora - is this replacing The Similana resort?

Or is something else happening to the Similana?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New resort next to the Sarojin

Ben,

The work is proceeding now at a very rapid and it looks as though most of the external structures will be substantially complete by August. Although not staying in the Sarojin we have regularly walked the beach past it and the new development and I must say the noise has been minimal. However, I would seek reassurance from Sarojin management to further reassure you.

Fozzy,

No, this resort is not replacing the Similana. That is further north past White Sand Beach and just before the headland beyond which is the Le Meridien. The Similana was supposedly being redeveloped as a luxury Four Seasons Resort but due to the recession I believe has been put on hold. No sign of any work starting there at the moment.

meath
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New resort next to the Sarojin

Hi

I am staying in the Sarojin at the start of June. Hotel has confirmed that construction will not affected guests but I am a bit worried

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New resort next to the Sarojin

Personally, I don't think you will be affected. Construction wor with heavy machinery has largely finishedand although the site is adjacent to the Sarojin it is well shielded.

Enjoy!

meath
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New resort next to the Sarojin

Hi Arandora

Thanks for the reply. Is the new resort right next to the Sarojin or across the road? What weather can I expect in early June?

Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New resort next to the Sarojin

The new large resort is immediately adjacent to the Sarojin on the beach. There is another small development acroos the road from the entrance to the Sarojin, construction of which hasn't started yet. Early June is in the Wet Season, which starts in May, so you yhou can expect periods of cloud and rain, heavy at times but not usually prolonged but still hot and sun. Even when cloudy please take care and use sunscreen as you can still get badly burned.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New resort next to the Sarojin

Hi

What about Ao thong bungalows?

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations