We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants around Ayara Villas

England
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Restaurants around Ayara Villas

I am so excited that our trip tio Thailand is now only a few months away! after all my planning etc!

We arrive in KL on Easter Sunday! and are staying at Ayara Villas in the family bungalow with our two children- I am looking for some recommendations as to where to eat around Ayara Villas please!

Thank you

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Restaurants around Ayara Villas

There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the Ayara Villa both overlooking the beach (such as the Coconut Grove, Sabai Sabai, Chong Fah Resort and Chong Fah Restaurant) or if you walk left past the La Flora and Ramada on the beach itself, then on the road leading up from the beach (and the small side roads off it - the Green Peeper at the rear of the market, the Candle, Lobster Seafood) upto the highway and on the highway (the Takieng, Khao Niau and Hill Tribes). Turn right on the beach and there is Hug at the Beach and Power Beach and for a special treat wade over the creek to the first Restaurant/Bar, very aptly called the Sunset Bar and be amazed at the setting, the materials used and the 5* service for a "simple" beach restaurant with far from simple service. Careful you do not get trapped by the incoming tide or you may find you have to stay for dinner, the experience of which I promise you will never forget.

See pictures at picasaweb.google.com/Arandora/SunsetBar…

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: Restaurants around Ayara Villas

Fab pictures Alan the meal looks amazing.

Julie

Sydney
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Restaurants around Ayara Villas

Wonderful photos Alan. The place looks so laid back and I love the fact that you don't have to get dressed up for dinner if you don't want to.

If we get caught by the tide, well..... we have been known to go to Pla restaurant at Surin beach for lunch, have a swim and a lie down on the beach lounges to read and nap and then line up again for dinner!!

We have booked at the Chong Fah, now we just have to pay for it LOL

They give you a 10% discount if you pay before you go.

Michelle

England
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Restaurants around Ayara Villas

Alan thank you so much for your comphrensive reply as ever- it is very much appreciated!

love

Charlotte

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Restaurants around Ayara Villas

Charlotte (and others),

I hope you will be in Khao Lak on April 13th for Songkran (Thai New Year). If so your children will love it (as will you, if you enjoy getting soaked to the skin at every available opportunity!) Best place is in the centre of Bang La On where you will find groups to join in and repel the trucks full of Thais throwing water at you. Big water pistols are oblgatory for the kids (and the young at heart!)

England
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Restaurants around Ayara Villas

We actually leave on 13th! well our flight is in the evening so not sure we want to be getting to wet before we get on a plane! but thank you!

7. Re: Restaurants around Ayara Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2010, 11:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak