We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jewellers

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
jewellers

Hi, my huband & I are visiting khao Lak at the end of this month. Although we have visited Thailand on several occasions, this is the first time we have visited Khao Lak. I have a ring, a family heirloom, I need repairing - it is so old that the claws have worn & I have lost a diamond. Could anyone help me by letting me know of a reputable jeweller in Khao Lak who coould undertake the repairs at a fair price. Many thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jewellers

To be honest, Khao Lak doesn't have bespoke jewellers of this nature. I'm struggling to get one to do a simple repair/replace broken clasp on a gold knecklace . They tend to use 22 or 24kt soft gold. If you are only visiting Khao Lak, not Bangkok for instance where you would stand a better chance, I would leave it at home and get it repaired there.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jewellers

I called in at Khao Lak's best gold shop earlier today and they confirmed there is no goldsmith or jewelry repair shop in Khao Lak. Nearest is in Phuket Town.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phuket Town
Phuket Town
Phuket, Thailand
Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jewellers

Thank you so much for your prompt reply, and particularly for taking the trouble to visit the jeweller. We will also be visiting Bangkok, albeit for a short length of time, so I will try to get it repaired there. Thank you once again for all your help.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
4. Re: jewellers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2010, 09:50
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations