We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Searching for the perfect getaway hotel

London
Level Contributor
254 posts
42 reviews
Searching for the perfect getaway hotel

Hi,

Me and my partner are thinking of visiting Khao Lak and are struggling to work through all the hotels and hope someone out there has stayed at one that has what we are looking for!

Ideally we are after a small hotel - max 50 rooms that is more concerned with peace and tranquility than loads of services and entertainment. Must be beachfront - prefer a public beach and ideally a shortish walk or taxi to restaurants etc...Price wise probably about £100 a night max...location is more important than services and a sea view would be the icing on the cake from our room. I know it is a lot to ask but all suggestions greatfully received!!

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
397 posts
80 reviews
1. Re: Searching for the perfect getaway hotel

From my experience during the summer, I would say the Chong Fah would suit all your requirements really well.

melbourne
Level Contributor
84 posts
2. Re: Searching for the perfect getaway hotel

Check out Khao Lak Paradise as well.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Searching for the perfect getaway hotel

In addition to the above two excellent suggestions, try the Nang Thong Bay Resort (beach front) bungalows, Baan Khao Lak (just down the beach from NTBR), and Khao Lak Resort (beach front - same beach as Paradise, bigger but spread out).

If you are thinking of between May and October (wet or Green Season) prices are virtually halved and you could increase your options.)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: Searching for the perfect getaway hotel

I second the Nang Thong Bay Resort suggestion....

It is absolute beachfront with bungalows smack bang on the beach front(about 20 steps to the sand)....And which are only about 25 quid/night in low season,50 quid high season....

For TV lovers - The beachfront bungalows do not have TV...!!...

We stayed there last August and this place just enhanced our holiday to the max....

And sort of central to bars,shops and restaurants just up the road,up the hill....

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
200 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Searching for the perfect getaway hotel

Hi,

I would highly recommend the Paradise Resort, I stayed there in March 2009 - it was fabulous. It fulfils your wish list 100% - 30 rooms only, lovely beach, beatifully appointed rooms in Thai style, about 5-8 mins walk only to Bang La On where you can find lots of restaurants.

UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Searching for the perfect getaway hotel

have a look at the khao lak orchid. It is so peaceful and the service is good. virtually all rooms have sea view, there are 2 lovely pools and although there is a narrow paved road between the hotel and the beach, we did not see a single vehicle on it in the 5 days we were there. The hotel is the last establishment on the road; there is another building further along (which you cannot see from the hotel) but it looked fairly unused. So the beach is only steps away and is gorgeous. You can walk for about a half hour in either direction before reaching the next hotel/habitation.

Hotel runs a shuttle bus for 50B each person per trip so we take that into bang la on for dinner usually or eat at the hotel. We were quoted 2700 per room for deluxe room in february, or they have 2 night packages including a day snorkelling in the similans (with fantastic similan travel) and a dinner. Last year and again this year we have purchased this package + 2 nights so 4 nights in total for a price of 15500. Hotel pickup from phuket airport is 1500 for a van; they will stop in town if you ask so you can stock up on drinks and snacks at nang thong supermarket.

We also had a look at the Baan Khao Lak and it looked nice, but much more 'built up' feel than the orchid. Anyway, all the beach hotels looked pretty good; we can't wait for our third stay at the orchid! By the way, we ate at Bussaba restaurant every night and it was fab!

7. Re: Searching for the perfect getaway hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2010, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak