We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bang Niang Market

Seattle
Level Contributor
318 posts
2 reviews
Bang Niang Market

Has anyone been to the Bang Niang Market? I read on Khao Lak Lovers page that it is open Mon, Wed, Sat. Does anyone know until what time? What can be purchased here? Is this a place to get some fresh fruit?

Western Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Bang Niang Market

Hi Fernoppi,

It's worth a walk through the Bang Niang markets. The majority of the stalls are selling food and clothing. The food is mostly fresh local raw produce (fish, meat, vegetables, fruit etc.), and the clothing is mostly the usual jeans, T-shirts etc.

So yes, you can buy lots of fresh fruit there.

I'm not sure what time they close, because I usually go there before having a seafood meal at the Lobster restaurant next door to the markets, on Bang Niang Beach road.

Enjoy your Khao Lak holiday,

Mike.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Bang Niang Market

The market opens from about 1pm on each of Monday, Wednesday and Saturday and closes about 7pm. Monday is the quietest day with fewer stalls, Saturday the busiest. It gets VERY hot between 4 and 5pm!!!! butt there are cars and other places surrounding the market to get cold drinks as well as stalls on the market itself where you can buy yourself a very cheap, very good, very authentic snack to keep you going.

A great array of fresh fruit at incredibly cheap prices. Typical tourist clothing, souvenirs, jewelry etc. as well as household goods - so a mix of local and touristy.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Bang Niang Market

There are 2 places in Khao Lak where we bought our fruit and we bought stacks of fruit during our monthly stay.....

Bang Niang markets was one place.....The other fruit market was at Khuk Khak markets where there is actually only one fruit seller but she does have good quality fruit(even better than Bang Niang at times).....

Khuk Khak market is behind the main shops at Khuk Khak....Turn down the street with the 7/11 shop on the corner,go down about 50-60 meters and there's the markets under roof....I think the KK fruit market is open every day...??...

Anny ate 100's of salat,I swear her skin was lookin' like the skin of the salat.....!!??

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Bang Niang Market

We have a picture of the market here... www.bobandjanette.com/phuket09.html

Picture is titled "Khao Lak wednesday market" as we went on a ....wednesday

Edited: 17 December 2009, 02:55
Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Bang Niang Market

If it's too hot and you are looking for a refreshment in a nice Beergarden along the Bang Niang River: JOVEL Bar is neighboring the market to the left (entrance opposite the Tsunami Police Boat). From the market you see a big green roof to the south. Look also here: www.khao-niau.com

Live Music, Happy Hour from 18.00 to 20.00. Good food as well. ;-)

6. Re: Bang Niang Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2010, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak