We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak Wandee Hostel

Planet
5 posts
1 review
Khao Lak Wandee Hostel

Has anyone stayed at this hostel? I was looking for a budget accommodation and came across this particular place. The rate is 800 baht/night for a room with AC. I was told it's about 250 meters away from the closest beach.

I've googled the place and only found one review on tripadvisor. I'm more concerned about safety and cleanliness rather than the amenities as I don't think I will be spending so much time in the room anyway.

This is going to be my first visit to Khao Lak. Your input will be much appreciated. If you have other suggestion regarding where to stay within this price range, please let me know. My budget for a hotel is not over 1,200 baht.

Also, if you could recommend some nice and low key beaches, hiking spots, and where I should book a day trip to Similan and Surin Islands.

Thank you!

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
1. Re: Khao Lak Wandee Hostel

Tyra, for your second question, there's a comprehensive list of FAQ's on the top right hand side of this page, labelled "Top questions about KHAO LAK".

Take a look.

Planet
5 posts
1 review
2. Re: Khao Lak Wandee Hostel

Oops. Just saw the FAQ list. Thanks!

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
3. Re: Khao Lak Wandee Hostel

Hi,

Here is a link to another review where someone stayed here

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k31…

It is opposite the Grand City hotel which you can find on the maps at www.khaolaklovers.com in the Nang Thong area or khao Lak. Yopu could also look at www.khaolak.de for accommadation and prices for ideas. All the beaches are nice in Khao Lak my favourite is Pak Weep you can walk all the way to Bangsak where you will find some lovely restaurants on a small promenade this is where a lot of locals come to picnic ect. Also Ao Thong known as white sand beach is lovely between Pak Weep and Leam Pakarang this is where you will find the famous Boatyard Rest which is worth a visit. You will be able to book a trip to Similan when you arrive plenty of booking agencies to choose from.

Julie

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Khao Lak Wandee Hostel

Look at seadragondivecenter.com/…centerkl for a comprehensive list of accommodation throughout Khao Lak.

Some of the well used and recommended budget accommodation is the Phu Khao Lak at the southern entrance to the main town of Bang La On and the Khao Lak Youth Club (not a Youth Club just the name for decent all purpose accommodation located on the mountain ide of the highway as you are leaving Bang La On - see http://www.khaolakyouthclub.com/

Khao Lak Grand City is good value for money too.

Planet
5 posts
1 review
5. Re: Khao Lak Wandee Hostel

Thank you all for your quick and helpful responses. I didn't expect that there would be humungous options of accommodation in Khao Lak. So, before I get too overwhelmed, I decide to book a room with Jerung Guesthouse. The rate is bit higher than my previous choice but seems to be worth it (1,200/night).

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: Khao Lak Wandee Hostel

I'm sure it will be fine. Hope you enjoy your stay.

7. Re: Khao Lak Wandee Hostel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2010, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak