We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

budget villas or hotels near Le Meridien Khao Lak

Cheshire, UK
8 posts
Save Topic
budget villas or hotels near Le Meridien Khao Lak

Hi travelling to Khao Lak early April

Can anyone advise whether there is any nice budget accommodation near the Le Meridien resort.

Also I have read some negative reviews that there is still lots of building work going on post tsunami, is this the case?

Hannover
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: budget villas or hotels near Le Meridien Khao Lak

I found this when looking for the similar thing myself-

www.aothongbungalow.blogspot.com/

And there is also this-

www.pakarangbungalows.com

May be of help.

Edited: 02 December 2009, 22:22
norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: budget villas or hotels near Le Meridien Khao Lak

you could also try goon and gib restaurant and bungalow also on aowthang beach fax. 0066-7648-7442 super friendly people i met in october and do great food as well.there are also some brand new places next to the sarojin that perhaps the d.e`s can help with name and price. there was some small scale building work spread out throgh khao lak in october but i must stress notthing major or intrusive.

norwichblue1

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: budget villas or hotels near Le Meridien Khao Lak

The new resort next to the Sarojin is going to be any thing but a small budget resort as first thought. It is in fact going to be a hugre luxury 5* resort with accommodation on the beacxh edge and back and arpound the inland lagoons that have already been built there.

Other than the accommoation mentioned above at Pakarang or at White Sand Beach, where each of the three restaurants there all have similar bungalows, the most recent being opened this year at Ao Thong Restaurant & Bungalow Resort (ask for Mr Nueng) the other budget resort nearby would be the Palm Galleria also at Pakarang - see http://www.khaolakpalmgalleria.com/

The biggest range of budget accommodation os in Bang Niang or Bang La On. See this link for a comprehensive list of accommodation throughout Khao Lak - www.seadragondivecenter.com/accommodation.htm

and also this German site - http://khaolak.de/khaolakbeach/home.htm

Whilst there is development taking place throughout Khao Lak this is more a mark of the growing confidence in the area that has regenerated so incredibly quickly and well after the Tsunami. Any suggestion that this is directly related to the Tsunami is an exaggeration.

Cheshire, UK
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: budget villas or hotels near Le Meridien Khao Lak

Thank you for all your feedback

5. Re: budget villas or hotels near Le Meridien Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2010, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak