We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight leaves at 10am... advise

Perth
Level Contributor
44 posts
31 reviews
flight leaves at 10am... advise

My husband and I will be going to Phuket for a weekend conference in January. We have to stay the Fri/ Sat/ Sun in Phuket. We are extending the trip a few days. Since visitng Krabi a few years ago I have wanted to visit Khao Lak or Kho Kho Khao. The problem is our flight back is at 10am (Tiger to Singapore) on the following Thursday. Would it be better to spend 2 nights in Khao Lak (Chong Fah) or Kho Khao Resort and Wed night at Nai Yang beach area? We have only booked the Phuket hotel, still tossing up where to relax for a few days. Any advise appreciated regarding which place to stay would be appreciated.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: flight leaves at 10am... advise

It would be very difficult because of ferry times to the mainland from KKK to reach Phuket airport if your last stay is there. However, there would be no problem if you go direct from Khao Lak, albeit you would probably need to leave the Chong Fah about 6am.

So if you do really want to stay on KKK, it would be better to do 1 or 2 nights there then transfer to Khao Lak for the last night.

Perth
Level Contributor
44 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: flight leaves at 10am... advise

Thanks Arandora, I was concerned about the ferry times.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: flight leaves at 10am... advise

Whilst the ferry starts I think about 6 or 6.30, you can arrange private crossings, particularly if you don't have a vehicle. I would Email Kho Khao Resort and ask them as I am sure a flight from Phuket at that time with transfers from KKK will not be an unusual occurrence.

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: flight leaves at 10am... advise

hi, if it helps we had a 7.20 a.m flight from phuket to bangkok and left the le meridien at 5 a.m and was at phuket airport at 6.10 a.m.

norwichblue1

5. Re: flight leaves at 10am... advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2010, 10:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak