We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Khao Lak?

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Khao Lak?

We've only got 24 hours there between sailing around Phuket, and a trip to Khao Sok. We are a family and would like to stay in a quiet beach-side bungalow, (no spas or international-type hotels). There are lots offered in my old guidebook which pre-dates the tsunami, like Mai's Quiet Zone, which looked fantastic but is sadly no more. Any ideas or are there none on offer?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Khao Lak?

There are plenty on offer. An idea of date and budget would help narrow your choices down.

Meanwhile have a look at the listing here:

http://khaolak.de/khaolakbeach/home.htm

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Khao Lak?

Beachside bungalow...??....Nang Thong Bay Resort...!!....Hands down...!!

Best deal in my opinion for a beachy....!!!....

On the beach...In the middle of town....Bang La On.....

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Khao Lak?

Thanks so much. We're going in April, although not sure I can wait that long! Compared with some, I expect we are very low budget-just want somewhere natural, clean, quiet and totally unspoilt.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Khao Lak?

See my PM.

5. Re: Where to stay in Khao Lak?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2009, 20:16
Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Khao Lak?

Forgot to mention the FRESH COFFEE very nice change from dreadful too strong Nescafe! And the fresh tropical fruit smoothies and shakes......mmmmmmm delicious!

7. Re: Where to stay in Khao Lak?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2010, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations