We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IQ Dive Center, Wicked Diving or Seadragon

Warsaw
Level Contributor
59 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
IQ Dive Center, Wicked Diving or Seadragon

Hello Again,

I am trying to arrange a 1 day Similan tour. There are 5 divers and 2 snorkelers, however we are all not very experienced.

I've received offers from three mentioned Diving Schools.There is about 500THB difference per person for a diver between the cheapest and the most expensive one.

I have read plenty of positive opinions about Seadragon, how about the others?

For me the price matters but should I follow the price only?

Thanks for help Magda

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IQ Dive Center, Wicked Diving or Seadragon

Hi,

Each of the three Dive Centres you are considering is respected and respectable among the many operating from Khao Lak. In fact, if you do a search on this forum I don't think you will find a bad report about them or other of their competitors. Khao Lak is blessed with a highly professional and competent diving fraternity, for whom value for money and safety are equally important. To be honest in the grand total of what you are spending on your vacation, 500 baht is a small difference and if Sea Dragon is the one that meets your requirements then I would go with them/

Whoever you choose it will be great value for the experience that awaits you.

Bondi, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IQ Dive Center, Wicked Diving or Seadragon

Don't forget to check how long the trip takes to the islands.

Sea Dragon says their days trips take 2-3hours to get there.

Big Blue say on their website their boat takes 1 hour 10 min to get to the furtherest site.

Warsaw
Level Contributor
59 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IQ Dive Center, Wicked Diving or Seadragon

Thank you guys!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IQ Dive Center, Wicked Diving or Seadragon

There is a comprehensive list of the Dive Centres in Khao Lak at http://www.mykhaolak.de/divecenter.html

You may wish to have a look at the others to see if they suit you better. On the other hand it may confuse you further! :)

Warsaw
Level Contributor
59 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IQ Dive Center, Wicked Diving or Seadragon

I have seen this web site already. Quite confusing:). I have also asked for advice our local Diving Center in Warsaw and they only to tell me to choose from those with 5*IDC...

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IQ Dive Center, Wicked Diving or Seadragon

Could you please tell me what you find confusing as it is one I use regularly for members to refer to. There's no point in that if it is not found useful.

Cheers

Warsaw
Level Contributor
59 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: IQ Dive Center, Wicked Diving or Seadragon

Just admitting, what you have written above. Having more options to choose does not make the choice itself any easier. That's why I have asked people in here, people who have experience. Did I say something that hurt you or something?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: IQ Dive Center, Wicked Diving or Seadragon

Sorry my misunderstanding. I thought you meant you found the website confusing not having so many choices. :) Although we receive quite a number of requests for information about diving and Dive Centres, there are relatively few who then post about their experiences both of the diving and the operator.

Warsaw
Level Contributor
59 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: IQ Dive Center, Wicked Diving or Seadragon

Nevertheless I will stick to the few most reputable. Maybe, in the meantime, someone will post about his own experience. Just wait a bit. Thanks for advices, anyway. Magda

Middlesborough
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: IQ Dive Center, Wicked Diving or Seadragon

I was just wondering what the age restrictions are for going on these trips in particular for children. Our kids are aged 12 & 10 & can both swim.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations