We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling Surins w.Greenviewresort-Scam?

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
340 reviews
Snorkeling Surins w.Greenviewresort-Scam?

Dear travelers, I am becoming desperate and would like to ask you for your advice on what to do.

This is our first trip to Thailand, I did a research and it seems that if we would like to undertake 3 days/2 nights snorkeling trip to Surin islands, many of you were happy with the Kuraburi Greenview resort.

I contacted them 2x over the last month and was given two different price quotes from 2 different people, first quote was 5500TB per person including transfer from Khao lak to Kuraburi. The second quote was TB 6300 per person, the trip starting from Kuraburi only. We will have very limited time therefore I am trying to reserve everything in advance and I just do not know what to think of this discrepancy. (their web sites show price of 4500 BT by the way).

And they want me to pre pay the whole trip right now.

I am at loss on what to do, would you offer me any suggestions?

really appreciate the help

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Snorkeling Surins w.Greenviewresort-Scam?

not many things in this part of the world have a fixed price,most things are negotiable to some degree ,this may explain the discrepancy ,why not ask them why the quotes you are recieving are more than advertised on the website and that you would like to pay the advertised price. i would also google the key words or put them in the search facility on this site ..which is the empty box next to the bangkok forum box

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Snorkeling Surins w.Greenviewresort-Scam?

or in your case ..the khao lak forum box

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
170 reviews
3. Re: Snorkeling Surins w.Greenviewresort-Scam?

I have found that almost every tour I have booked on the internet beforehand has required full payment, including most hotels. I've never had an issue with doing so though.

I would agree with musicsavedmylife to just email them and ask about the discrepency and mention the website advertised price.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Snorkeling Surins w.Greenviewresort-Scam?

Kuraburi Greenview is a strange operation. It is a resort in its own right and Kuraburi Greenview is the most renowned and best of the operators to the Surins. That is the tour is on Kuraburi Greenview boats with Kuraburi Greenview staff. Most tour agents that feature the Surins use Kuraburi, as opposed to, say, Barracuda, the other main operator which does not have as good a reputation.

However, from posts on this forum, Kuraburi Greenview RESORT is not renowned for the speediness or consistency of replies to Email enquiries.

Are you actually looking to stay at the Resort or just use Kuraburi as your tour operator to the Surins?

We booked our 3 day/2 night tour through an independent agency in Khao Lak (Tui's Bistro next door to the Happy Snapper) and cannot praise Kuraburi Greenview tour operations highly enough!

If you are not planning to actually stay at the Kuraburi Resort and you want certainty of dates and price, I suggest you contact a respected tour agent like Khao Lak Land Discovery at www.khaolaklanddiscovery.com/bookings.php for a quote for the trip to the Surins and also your stay at Kuraburi Greenview Resort.

If you have any problems PM me and I will put you in touch with the manager at KLLD who I am sure will help you.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
340 reviews
5. Re: Snorkeling Surins w.Greenviewresort-Scam?

I actually called them and asked about the price on the web site,the first time they said that the trip will cost the internet price, but when they sent me an email information, the price was much higher.

I would not worry too much if my time there was not so limited.

Thank you for your replies.

Seattle
Level Contributor
318 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Snorkeling Surins w.Greenviewresort-Scam?

Boleslav -

I am kind of in the same boat (haha....no pun intended) as you. We are a little restricted with our schedule. I have been having pretty good email correspondence with them in terms of timeliness with replies. The first email I got included a list of itinerary - which I requested - with a price of 5500 THB. Not long later, I received another email, with no price included. So I asked them what the price was and was told 5500. I too saw the price of 4500 online and I think I will email and ask them.

When are you planning your snorkel trip?

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
340 reviews
7. Re: Snorkeling Surins w.Greenviewresort-Scam?

Hi, I would love to hear their response to you on the price difference. I was told that the internet price is old information, please post it here.

we plan to go on Dec 2nd through Dec 4th.

Seattle
Level Contributor
318 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Snorkeling Surins w.Greenviewresort-Scam?

Hi Boleslav - Sorry, I haven't heard back from them in awhile! =(

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
340 reviews
9. Re: Snorkeling Surins w.Greenviewresort-Scam?

they surely are strange operation I asked them another question a week ago, still waiting for the reply

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
10. Re: Snorkeling Surins w.Greenviewresort-Scam?

I think that is why most people book Kuraburi through 3rd party agents when they arrive. Judging by previous comments on this Forum, they are not the quickest in responding to Emails. ;(

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak