We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to stay in Khao Lak?

Middlesex
Level Contributor
53 posts
Best places to stay in Khao Lak?

I am thinking of visiting Khao Lak while I am backpacking around Thailand for 2 and a half months from December and was hoping I could get some recommendations on which area would be best to stay for backpackers on a budget but looking to be near a nice beach and bars etc.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Best places to stay in Khao Lak?

Hi Darryl,

The two most popular and largest townships are Bang La On and Bang Niang, both of which are suitable for backpackers and offer a good selection of reasonable accommodation at reasonable prices.

Have a look at this comprehensive list here:

www.seadragondivecenter.com/accommodation.htm

which will give you a good idea of what's available, where and at what price.

The Khao Lak Youth Club (not really a Youth Club, just a name) has a good reputation and appeal for young people, including backpackers.

See http://www.khaolakyouthclub.com/stay.html

Any more info after you've looked at these, just ask away.

BTW hope you've got your visa sorted. If not see thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

2. Re: Best places to stay in Khao Lak?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2010, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak