We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai boxing Any idea?

Warsaw
Level Contributor
59 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Thai boxing Any idea?

Hello,

Is there any boxing stadium or a gym in Khao Lak? Does anybody has information about training sessions or lessons? What is the cost of 1-hour lesson?

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Siam Turmeric
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Fast food, Deli
Ben's Restaurant
₹, Pizza, Seafood, Italian
Patty's
₹, Italian, European, Asian
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,404 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thai boxing Any idea?

I don't know about Thai boxing lessons or a gym but there is the Bang Niang Stadiium where there is Thai boxing every Friday night, at least there was upto April when we left. A truck tours up and down the highway and side roads advertising the events with boxers coming into restaurants during the week with flyers. The stadium is just on your left before the bridge as you enter Bang Niang from Bang La On.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Oudendijk, The...
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai boxing Any idea?

Hi Warsaw-Magda

Whilst staying at the hotel Le Meridian last Nov/Dec Thai boxing lessons were given every day in the area next to the gym, it was always very popular and a joy to watch, The guy giving the lessons was a well known Thai boxer he had won lots of medals on his notice board were lots of photos of him in action, I was very tempted to have a go myself but decided watching the lessons with a cool G&T were just as pleasurable. Maybe you could contact the hotel to see if they still offer the Thai boxing lessons, hope this helps.

Manicus.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai boxing Any idea?

Hi,

The thai boxing lessons at the Le Meridien were from 14.00hrs and he has won many top championships.

Mentioned in this post
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,470 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Warsaw
Level Contributor
59 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thai boxing Any idea?

Thank you Guys! I will get in touch with Le Meridian.

Magda

5. Re: Thai boxing Any idea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2010, 10:05
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak