We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ao Thong Beach Restaurant

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Ao Thong Beach Restaurant

One of the most popular day trips in Khao Lak is to White Sand Beach (Ao Thong or various other spellings) which is situated adjacent to the Sarojin Resort.

See pics at picasaweb.google.com/Arandora/AowThongBeach…

There are 3 restaurants there, the centre one called Ao Thong Beach Restaurant having lovely little wooden cabanas on the beach where you can dine out of the sun as well as other places under the trees. The owner Mr.Nueng also has bungalows to rent at the rear of his restaurant for those who want to spend a few days or even weeks at this delightful spot.

Mr Nueng offers a free shuttle to and from Bang La On, Bang Niang or Bang Sak for his restaurant. Just call Mr.Nueng who speaks English fluently on +66 (0) 878866486

London
Level Contributor
336 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Ao Thong Beach Restaurant

Arandora - is there a website at all?

We stayed at the Similana in 2007 and know it is now closed, but ate at the beach restaurants regularly. The beach is stunning there and we'd love to stay there again.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Ao Thong Beach Restaurant

Yes. See here http://aothongbungalow.blogspot.com/

and reviews at

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297914-d102416…

During December to February White Sand Beach is now very popular indeed. Not the idyllic little stretch of beach with relatively few visitors but rows of loungers almost down to water's edge - but that's progress I suppose. You can't keep "best kept secrets" secret for long. I find the best time early morning before day trippers arrive and from about 3pm when they start to leave. There are relatively few who stay for dinner which is one of the best times particularly at sunset and after when it's dark and the fireflies are out in abundance.

London
Level Contributor
336 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Ao Thong Beach Restaurant

Thanks very much. What a shame it's now so populated - but then it is a gorgeous beach.

We loved eating by candlelight on the beach when we were there.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Ao Thong Beach Restaurant

A short video to bring back memories at tripadvisor.co.uk/ProfileGallery-i19485194.h…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
5. Re: Ao Thong Beach Restaurant

Interesting video Arandora....!!...Interesting because White Sand beach is almost desolate in low season(July August when we were there)....

Very different for me to see scores of tourists,umbrellas and chairs on the beach...!!??....Not to mention the lakelike surf....!!??.....

Anny and I were lucky to see more than a half dozen tourists on the beach including the Sarojin side....

Quite a few workers around tho' preparing the grounds and buildings...!!

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Ao Thong Beach Restaurant

Hi Alan, I am presuming, Mr Nueng does a free shuttle to Le Meridien??

2 days to go then off there for a month!! Fiona

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: Ao Thong Beach Restaurant

Hi Fiona,

I presume so. I am sure he will be keen to take business from one of his closest rivals - the Rim Lay. :)

8. Re: Ao Thong Beach Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2010, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak