We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11-12 days in Khao Lak area....mix it up?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
11-12 days in Khao Lak area....mix it up?

Hi guys

I am currently planning two seperate trips to thailand.. one mine and the other a friends honeymoon.. so if some of my posts seem to contadict others this is why ...

for my trip.. i have either 11 or 12 days to spend in the Khao Lak area... this includes probally a 2 night stay in Koh Sok..

I am thinking of doing the Koh Sok stay in the middle giving myself 4 or 5 days either side...

I have decided on the Nang Thong Bay resort for a stay.. but am thinking...

Do i stay here for 4-5 days then do Koh Sok then stay in a different area of Khao Lak ? is it worth staying in two areas or is nang thong a good base?

Will they hold luggage while we go to Koh Sok?

Cheers

Chelle

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 11-12 days in Khao Lak area....mix it up?

Hi Chelle....Excellent choice staying at Nang Thong Bay Resort....I stayed there in August for 12 days....Fabulous...!!...

It depends which month you are going to Khao Lak...!!??

You can always get a good deal staying at NTBR for 9-10 days even if it is broken up into 2 different times or stages....

Asking for a deal at NTBR for 5 days and then asking for another deal at another place might or might not work...??...It depends if the other place will give you as good a deal or better...??...

Staying at 2 different places will definitely give you more variety....but hope you don't say...."Oh we should have stayed at NTBR the whole time...!!??"...

I would stay the whole time at NTBR,but that's only my personal option...!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 11-12 days in Khao Lak area....mix it up?

Unless you are going to try something completely different like the NTBR (excellent choice) and a luxury resort (say Le Meridien or Cher Fah - both in different excellent locations) I'd agree with Cocotang. I think having Khao Sok in the middle is better if you can arrange to leave most of your luggage to minimise travel times to and from Phuket at the beginning or end of your stay.

Here are a few thoughts for Khao Sok:

1. Baan Khao Sok (Khao Sok House) - see …e-monsite.com/…114832.html

2. Khao Sok Tree House - see khaosok-treehouse.com/…20Resort.htm

3. Morning Mist in 2 mountain view bungalows - see khaosokmorningmistresort.com/Restaurant.html

4. Our Jungle House - see khaosokaccommodation.com/…junglehouse

5. Khao Sok Nature Resort - see http://www.khaosoknatureresort.com/

Good Luck

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 11-12 days in Khao Lak area....mix it up?

thanks guys..

I have emailed to book NTBR... 4 nights then will do Koh sok for 2 nights then 4 nights back at NTBR... dont think i can beat it for value...

thanks arandora for the koh Sok links... some gorgeous places... now to choose...

cheers

Chelle

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 11-12 days in Khao Lak area....mix it up?

If it's not too late, here's another very interesting one that I have been made aware of:

khao-sok-resort.com/go/spirit-of-adventure/

5. Re: 11-12 days in Khao Lak area....mix it up?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2010, 09:51
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak