We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

has the construction next to the sarojin finished?

cap d'antibes
10 posts
Save Topic
has the construction next to the sarojin finished?

we stayed at the sarojin in february and there were some beach bungalows being built next door. we are thinking of returning in december. has the construction now finished?

thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,410 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: has the construction next to the sarojin finished?

That's a good question. I will Email a friend staying in KL at the moment and ask him to have look. When we left in April the beach front bungalows were nearly complete externally and they were working on the internals. There was also construction in early stages at the rear of the site, a restaurant and reception perhaps? I'll post back as soon as I receive a reply.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: has the construction next to the sarojin finished?

Hi Gareth Hi Arandora....

Are we talking about the bungalows being built behind the restaurant on White Sand Beach...??...

If so,they were not complete when I was there in August....My observation tells me they were about halfway thru completion...

And I deduced that they were working towards completion before the high season rush...!!??...Perhaps around a November completion...!!??

Also,there was a lot of maintenance work being done on the restaurants and landscaping on White Sand,obviously gearing up for the high season....

Mentioned in this post
White Sand Beach
White Sand Beach
2,168 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
UK
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: has the construction next to the sarojin finished?

We stayed at The Sarojin last month (Sep) and were unaware of any construction taking place at all. The neighbouring restaurants were tidying up and opening up. The bungalows to the front left are finished but unoccupied throughout our stay, no lights ever on or people around. We had a fantastic and peaceful time.

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,858 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,410 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: has the construction next to the sarojin finished?

Hi cocotang,

The construction Gareth is referring to is the bungalow resort on the other side of the Sarojin from White Sand Beach that UKJ51 has referred to. It sounds as though the construction on the beach has finished but that the bungalows are not let (or fit for letting?) yet..

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,858 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
White Sand Beach
White Sand Beach
2,168 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: has the construction next to the sarojin finished?

oh ok thanks Arandora...!!...I also noticed more construction just up from the bend in the road at the intersection where the road continues up to Boatyard...

Seems like more bungalows or shops...??....

Mentioned in this post
Boatyard
Boatyard
238 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,410 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: has the construction next to the sarojin finished?

That's the rear of the same resort that we're talking aboutso it just shows how big it is and the concern about continuing construction noise.

cap d'antibes
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: has the construction next to the sarojin finished?

Thank you all for your replies, we have booked up to return from 14th to the 28th of December. If any of you are in Khao Lak during that time then please let me know and we'll buy you a drink to says thanks for replying.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: has the construction next to the sarojin finished?

Have a great trip Gareth and we would have really liked to have a drink with you ...Unfortunately,we are going next year in the wet.....

We loved Khao Lak.....I know you will too......!!......

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,410 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: has the construction next to the sarojin finished?

Hi Gareth,

I've sent you a PM with a link to the latest Calendar showing which TA members have offered up details of where and when they are staying in Khao Lak which provides opportunities for members arranging getting together or attending any group get togethers that may be arranged.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
10. Re: has the construction next to the sarojin finished?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2010, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak