We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba diving prices

London
Level Contributor
78 posts
21 reviews
Scuba diving prices

Hi - i am looking to do the PADI in Khao Lak in November and have got quotes from Wicked Diving and Sea Bees and am surprised that they both come out at over £300 per person.

Does anybody know if it would be better just to organise it when we're out there?

Or whether this is just what it costs!

thanks for any advice you can give!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Scuba diving prices

Hi,

There's a pretty comprehensive list of Dive Centres in Khao Lak on this German site (most links to websites with English versions) http://mykhaolak.de/divecenter.html

so you can compare prices from there or contact them for quotes.

In November, unless you are tight for time and must have particular dates, I don't think iot will be that busy that you can't shop around whewn you arrive in Khao Lak. It depends how much time you want to devote to that. I'm not sure that the PADI training will be that much cheaper booked locally than in advance but you never know. It is the beginning of the season and dive centres will be competing for business.

Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
773 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Scuba diving prices

You might also want to consider that your master, equipment, air, transportatin and food is usally included. However 300 is more then I paid. I think I got the class with 4 dives for 12,500 baht I used Go Dive on Koh Lanta.

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Scuba diving prices

For info around the £300 is pretty much the average price for PADI Open Water for dive centres i've used in various locations since I've been qualified.

I've booked to go to Khao Lak April 2010 and have already been in touch with Sea Bees through their website. For what it's worth they were really helpful and responded to my emails within a few hours, so a very good first impression which means I will use them when I am there (also they are based at my hotel so that helps!)

Something else you might want to consider what is known as a PADI referral course. As well as the 4 open water dives, there's a manual to read, an accompanying DVD to watch and skills sessions (usually in a pool) to complete. Depending on your views you may not want to be sat indoors watching a DVD whilst on holiday or reading the manual for that matter? in which case the referral course is ideal. You do all the theory sessions and skills (pool) sessions in the U.K. and you just do your open water dives whilst on holiday. Cost wise this can work out a little more expensive but means you don't spend holiday watching DVD's you just get to do the fun bits! :-)

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rob

4. Re: Scuba diving prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2010, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations