We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien - poor quality web site info

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
42 reviews
Le Meridien - poor quality web site info

We were very excited about our trip to LM in Jan 2010. Sadly, we have cancelled our accommodation at LM, due to less than clear rate advertising. Others might benefit from our experience.

Booked a beach front pool villa thru travel agent for THB43,000++ a night for 5 nights for ourselves plus 6 + 8 year old children. We know this is peak season, so expected to pay top price. Our travel agent confirmed with LM the rate covered 2 adults and 2 children. Turned out that this is not actually the case....

The following is an extract from their website:

"Additional charges

The charges noted below are for your information should you require a rollaway or crib during your stay. Restrictions or availability for the items below may apply to specific room types.

Extra rollaway: THB 3675.00 per rollaway/per night.

Child rollaway: No charge

Crib: No charge"

We had planned for one child to sleep on the day bed (permanently fixed within an alcove in the room), and another child to be accommodated on a rollaway.

The LM advised us recently that the day bed is considered to be the rollaway (this baffles me, as the day bed is a permanent fixture and is not required to be added to the room). The "extra" rollaway would be charged at THB3675 per night++.

On principle, we have cancelled our booking with LM, as I believe their behaviour has been appalling and their advertising has been untruthful and manipulative.

I have spoken to their reservations people, however I'd like the opportunity to let the GM know how disappointed I am. Does anyone have the name of the GM, so that I might email him?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Le Meridien - poor quality web site info

Sorry about your problems and that you felt you had to cancel at the Le M. I hope you are still going to Khao Lak.

Torsten Richter is the name of the General Manager who took over in September 2008. Sorry I don't know his Email address but I'm sure if you have one from your previous contacts they will forward your message on to him or use reservations.khaolak@lemeridien.com.

Bangkok, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,825 posts
71 reviews
2. Re: Le Meridien - poor quality web site info

Hi,

Try reaching out to Yurika Jakobs. She is the newly appointed Director of Sales and Marketing for the Le Méridien in KL. Their sales office is located in Gayson Plaza..

Her email should be: yurika.jakobs@lemeridien.com

Good Luck.

Travel Safe,

3. Re: Le Meridien - poor quality web site info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2010, 10:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak