We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay: Sarojin or Cher Fah?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay: Sarojin or Cher Fah?

Hello all. My wife and I are planning to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary in one of these two hotels: Sarojin or Cher Fah. Which would you recommend? We would appreciate your input.

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,858 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay: Sarojin or Cher Fah?

Hi,

There is a similar thread here is the link

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k30…

Both of these hotels are very good Cher Fah is quite new ,Sarojin is very good at making your day special.

Julie

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,858 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay: Sarojin or Cher Fah?

Hi

I would like to add if you are going in the green season which is until the end of October the beach restaurants will probably not be open,which would mean taxi or hotel shuttle into Khao Lak or nearby Bang Niang for a good choice of dining options. The hotel restaurants will be open but this can be expensive.

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
New Jersey
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay: Sarojin or Cher Fah?

Hi Julie,

Thank you for the information. We will be arriving in Bangkok on October 17. We will make our way to Khao Lak on the twentieth and will depart on the thirtieth. Indeed, we plan to visit local restaurants and bars. Do you have any recommendations? We also plan to tour Phuket. Would you be able to recommend a taxi driver or cab company?

Thank you, again, for your help.

Dino

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay: Sarojin or Cher Fah?

Hello Dino,

There are many good restaurants in Khao Lak you will find a map at www.khaolaklovers.com which will show you the different areas and also point out banks ,restaurants, and hotels ect a few of my favourites are

Jai's

The Everyday

Noms family restaurant

Somsri rest

Khao Lak seafood

Takieng in Bang Niang

The Candle

and another restaurant which i have not tried yet but will do when i go was mentioned the other day here is the link http://www.boonyaritkitchen.com/ in Khao Lak town on the opposite side of the road from the Everyday by the clinic. You will find many more i have never had a bad meal in Khao Lak . I am not too sure if all will be open but you will have a good choice and those that have shut for the green season will be getting ready to open.

A driver that i always use is Mr Sam who is highly recomended e mail siam_intouch@yahoo.com his website is www.samintouch.spaces.live.com

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay: Sarojin or Cher Fah?

Dino,

Just to add here is the link to restaurants which you will find in the FAQs on the right hand side of the forum page under top questions on Khao Lak and also on the left hand side on more on Khao Lak

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g297914-Khao_Lak…

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
New Jersey
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay: Sarojin or Cher Fah?

Julie,

Hello! I've booked our vacation at the Sarojin. I've also booked most our activities with the Sarojin. Also, reserved a few nights at the Lebua in Bangkok. Can't wait for October to come!

Thank you again for all your help. I'll write back when we return.

Best wishes,

Dino

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,858 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
lebua at State Tower
lebua at State Tower
7,900 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
7. Re: Where to stay: Sarojin or Cher Fah?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2010, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak