We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak enjoyments...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Khao Lak enjoyments...

No particular questions to anybody.....

Just stating the fact that we are totally enjoying ourselves in Khao Lak....What a place...!!...

The last few days have been fabulous....Days weatherwise have been sunny,blue skies and we no complain...!!

We ate at "everyday" last night....Loved the seafood in chili and tamarind sauce....!!...

Going to Phu Khao Lak later for dinner...!!

The waves at cape pakarang have been good....!!...2-3 feet today...Info for the surfers...!!

You were right arandora...!!...How black is the night when you leave the city limits...??...Riding a scooter is daunting when it is so black and raining too...!!??...

But we are having fun fun fun...!!!

Thanks to arandora and everybody for their great info...!!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Small-Group Full-Day Khao Sok Nature...
from US$ 74.10*
Free Cancellation
Full-day Khao Sok National Park and...
2 Reviews
from US$ 89.50*
Free Cancellation
Full-Day Tour to Cheow Lan Lake in...
2 Reviews
from US$ 104.20*
Free Cancellation
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak enjoyments...

Hi,

Really happy you are enjoying Khao Lak. Looking forward to more reports in due course. :)

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Lak enjoyments...

Hi Cocotang,

Great to hear you are having a fantastic time and that the weather has been pretty good. The Everyday is a favourite of mine and Jai,s is pretty good too. Enjoy and happy holidays.

Julie

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
696 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao Lak enjoyments...

Glad to hear it is fabulous at Khao Lak we still have 2 weeks to go and I am counting down the days.

Cant wait for the beach...........Julie

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Gdynia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao Lak enjoyments...

Hi, can you please check whilst being there if anything will be open (restaurants, bars and tour operators for diving, safari etc) in the beginning of October? that is when i plan on my trip there (to the La Flora hotel). krgds JK

Mentioned in this post
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,134 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Khao Lak enjoyments...

Thanks everybody and Hi Julie...I wrote to you via hotmail...I didnt know if you had a hotmail account but I wrote to you anyway....??

Anyway we have booked into NTBR for august 9 to 21...in a garden bung...There seems to be plenty of rooms and bungs left....Dont know about beach bungs tho..??..We got a deal for garden bung at 1000 baht/night which is good...

Palm Galleria is very quiet and out of the way...but this doesnt worry us in the least...We are close to the surf at the cape and on certain days,we are the only ones at the resort...

We have a 3 wheeler scooter to get around...Takes a bit of getting used to but I got it worked out and it's easy to ride now...

Getting close now Julie and Kev...??...The weather has been fab...!!...

Jai's is our favourite eating spot so far...

Trying Pakarang Seafood tonight....

Mentioned in this post
Palm Galleria Resort
Palm Galleria Resort
177 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Khao Lak enjoyments...

Hi Jakub,

I think most places will be operating fully by october...Arandora might have a better idea as quite a few places are closed right now...restaurants,dives,and such....

Actually we went to Phu Khao Lak the other night for dinner and it was closed...??...

Diving would be better in October I would imagine...right now,the surf is happening,tho today is small wave size but due to rise by tuesday....Meaning boats might not go out if swell is up....

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Khao Lak enjoyments...

Hi Jakub,

Early October the restaurants and shops that closed down earlier will start opening up, freshening up and getting ready for the "flood" (they and we wish) of visitors from November onwards.

As for tours. The Similan and Surin Islands close until the beginning of November but that does not stop ocean based snorkeling and diving tours being organised as long as weather conditions permit. You can only find that out for certain when you arrive. Other tours to such as Khao Sok National Park operate, some saying they are better at the time of year you are considering as the rivers will be full and flowing and a raft ride down (or is it up?) the Sok will be more exciting than one in the Dry Season when sometimes the boatman has to get out and push!

If you are staying at La Flora, don't worry there will be plenty of restaurants open within walking distance. The ones on the beach there to the left of La Flora just past the Ramada are some of the few that remain open during the Wet Season as the beach is at its widest there.

Mentioned in this post
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
2,188 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
1,129 Reviews
Surat Thani, Thailand
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,134 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Perth
Level Contributor
576 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Khao Lak enjoyments...

Hi Cocotang and KEVLOVESJULES,

We have been reviewing the Khao Lak forum for several months now and have found all of the information absolutely wonderful.

Thanks to Arandora and Jenson for all of the helpful posts and suggestions they make.

First trip to KL after having visited Phuket 9 times.

May see you in KL, staying at the NTBR 8th to 15th August.

Will listen for the Aussie accent.

Regards,

tanmar

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
696 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Khao Lak enjoyments...

Hi Cocotang,

No we dont have a hotmail account, but doesnt matter. We are getting up to 19/20 each day here but I still know where we would rather be.

We are going to hire a car and drive up so I hope this place is easy to find.

Good to see some more Aussies staying there as well.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Khao Lak enjoyments...

Hi Julie,

If by "this place" you mean Khao Lak, getting their by car is easy. Coming off Phuket keep in the left lane and keep on going for about an hour and you're there. If you have decided on the Nang Thong Bay Resort, when you come down over the mountain you hit Bang La On, the main township of KL. After about 400 metres you will come to a road on the left, the first and only one, with the Nang Thong Supermarket on the corner facing you. Follow that road down to the beach and the entrance to the NTBR is directly facing you.

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Nang Thong Bay Resort
Nang Thong Bay Resort
306 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand