We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House on the Hill For Sale - Khao Lak

Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
House on the Hill For Sale - Khao Lak

I am looking for information on the house for sale or rent that is just above Ton Pling Waterfall (about 10m further up the hill).

I was there in June 2009, and rode past and quickly saw a sign, but now would like further information.

If anyone can help me that would be great.

Thanks,

Fred Neal

Australia

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House on the Hill For Sale - Khao Lak

Hello Fred,

If this is any good to you have a look at this link

www.landportal.com/e/homes.php

Julie

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: House on the Hill For Sale - Khao Lak

I've made some enquiries locally and will let you know when I receive an answer.

Presumably this property is up the road from the highway to the restaurant belonging to the Asia Elephant & Safari Park near where the ellies are billetted for the night? If so I have friends who live just opposite so hopefully they will supply the details and I will pass them on.

Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: House on the Hill For Sale - Khao Lak

Yes this is the place. the road comes off the east side of the highway, just before the turn off the the Briza Resort (Smile Restrauant is on the corner- heading North).

When you get to the Ton Pling Waterfall (on your left) this house is about 10m up from that, again on the left.

In fact i beleive you can see the house from the highway.

I am sure i am being silly about this, but i just loved the place so much, and to see this house on the hill, i just need to do all i can to find out what i can do to purchase it. I am sure you can see the beach from this house, and would like to live there, and oh i dont know, maybe catch a few waves (if there is surf).

Thanks again for everyone that has helped. I am just amazed and excited.

Fred

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: House on the Hill For Sale - Khao Lak

Hi there,

I had a look at that house myself a while back, a local friend was interested to buy or rent, though opted out later due to the price and size of the building. (The inside rooms, layout and cut was not really practical for him). I would suggest you ask Peter Stiller, as he has his private office next door. Maybe he is involved in the building or at least knows the person who owns it:

holiday-service-khaolak.com/en/index.php

Also the house just opposite the waterfall was for sale at the time, though for quite a price as well.....

I myself will have a look at a piece of land on sunday, which is 2km further south, close to the NP border, 20 rai with mountain (hill + seaview), creek, frutitrees, etc. for only 300.000 Bath per rai.

If anybody is interested in land or other house projects, pm me.

All the best

Alex

Mentioned in this post
Peter Bar & Restaurant
Peter Bar & Restaurant
494 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Oudendijk, The...
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: House on the Hill For Sale - Khao Lak

Mmmmmm

Well if we get the adress and house price, this would be an excellant way to advertise your property for sale globally on TA.

Manicus.

Oudendijk, The...
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: House on the Hill For Sale - Khao Lak

Hi

Estalon wrote (Infact I beleive you can see the house from the highway) Well you drove past so you must know, after all you give a good discription of the house, all sounds a bit like information by sugestion to me.

Manicus.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: House on the Hill For Sale - Khao Lak

Now, now Manicus! It was me who contacted Alex as a trusted Khao Lak resident. So am I in on the plot (plot, land, gettit?) too?

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Oudendijk, The...
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: House on the Hill For Sale - Khao Lak

Hi Arandora

I cant recall saying anything about a plot with you involved, I just find the thread suspicious even the title of it House on the Hill for sale Khao Lak is an advertisement in its self, I would have thought any serious buyer would contact the local estate agents in Kl for info about the house that would be the sensitive way, not asking about it on a Travel forum.And if as Hualan says hes already visited the property why didnt he take the oppertunity to pass on the information to the OP which is what he asked for anyway, as it now stands we have 2 new adresses for estate agents one from Jenson and the other from Hualan in fact all 3 of you now seem to have some sort of connection to this particular property, which sorry to say I find hard to swallow. I wont be comenting anymore on this thread but I will follow it just to see where it ends, that is if it doesnt get removed or dissapear in the meantime.

regards

Manicus.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: House on the Hill For Sale - Khao Lak

Easy for you to walk away leaving the nasty taste you have planted. As far as I'm concerned for the record as long as the thread lasts and anyone cares to read it properly, I've responded on face value to someone from Australia interested in buying or renting a property in an area I know. I thought I knew where the property is because German friends of ours live nearby and we have enjoyed the marvellous views from their lovely home. I wouldn't blame anyone wanting to live or stay near there and I see nothing wrong with anyone asking for information about a property they want to buy or rent as opposed to a hotel or bungalow and being directed to somewhere they can get more information.

If I'm wrong about the OP, tough, the links given will still give useful information to anyone who visits this wonderful part of Thailand and decides to investigate the possibilities of staying more permanently.

To suggest otherwise is unworethy of you!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: House on the Hill For Sale - Khao Lak

???

I got a mail from Alan, asking if I could help the OP for a contact. I said, I know the place as a friend of mine wanted to rent before over there, but can't remember the owner anymore, then gave the address from Peter who lives next door for contact. (And is not an Estate Agent, but a Tour Operator and Inbound Agency)

Then I mentioned to investigate property for my own building purposes further south.

And yes, I do other Land and House sales in KL through my companies. I don't know the OP, don't know the owner of the property, have no contract to sell or buy, just helping out here. So,... what was the problem?

Mentioned in this post
Peter Bar & Restaurant
Peter Bar & Restaurant
494 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand