We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak in April/May - Honeymoon

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Khao Lak in April/May - Honeymoon

Hi all - Firstly, are we mad to consider thailand in April/May?! We've never been to the country before and have been saving it for honeymoon, before realising April is the hottest month! Silly us!

Secondly, we are considering accommodation in Khao Lak for 4-5 nights at the end of our month-long trip. Is the Sarojin work the price? Or other places equally nice?

Finally, neither of us have scuba dived before and would love to try it and/or get 1st certificate in Khao lak - any recommendations for companies that only take small groups?

Thanks for any advice.

Sara

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
175 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Khao Lak in April/May - Honeymoon

Hi

We were there in June this year and although it the weather was totally different to what it would be in April/May i.e. some rain, what we could recommend is the Merlin which was absolutely fantastic!

We had a 1 bedroom pool villa which was so idyllic, a few yards from the gorgeous beach and wonderful hotel staff to look after us.

Have written a review in the hotel section and posted some photos if you want to check it out.

One thing to mention though, we did deal directly with the hotel manager rather than a third party for the rate (via email), which we were very pleased with, so I'd advise the same.

Best of luck with your choice!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Khao Lak in April/May - Honeymoon

Are you mad? Certainly not! Yes it will be hot and humid as the Wet Season later in May approaches but it is still a glorious time to be in this wonderful part of Thailand.

The Sarojin is very popular with honeymooners, mainly because of its small boutique nature on Khao Lak's nicest beach, Pak Weeb. But others worthy of consideration in that class of resort are the Le Meridien just up the same beach, particularly the beachfront villas, and the most recent addition to the luxury resorts in Khao Lak, the Cher Fah. There are special offers on there at the moment - see the recent thread at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

The Cher Fah, soon to become a J W Marriott property, is located on the equally beautiful Khuk Khak beach and although all three resorts are about a 10 minute ride into the main centre of Khao Lak at Bang La On where most restaurants and bars are situated there are a few nice beach restaurants nearby for lunch and dinner under the stars.

* Pictures of Sarojin and beach at photos.orange.co.uk/my/album…

* Pictures of Le Meridien and beach at photos.orange.co.uk/my/album…

* Pictures of Cher Fah and beach at picasaweb.google.com/Arandora/CherFah…

You have picked a fabulous spot to try scuba diving with two World Class sites on your doorstep, the Similan and Surin Islands.

The Le Meridien has a dive shop on site with introductory lessons in one of its pools and then organised diving to either the Similans or Surins or adjacent dive sites.

Alternatively there are loads of dive shops in Khao Lak which will organise your dive training tailored to suit your needs.

Have a look at this link for direction to some and other info on KL:

khaolaklovers.com/Khao-Lak-Scuba-Snorkel-Sca…

Look here at Sea Dragon Dive Centre for information on their tours and training. They have a pool of their own for introductory training http://www.seadragondivecenter.com/index.htm

Ask away for more information.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
3. Re: Khao Lak in April/May - Honeymoon

Hi,

I have been in Khao Lak for the month of April and yes it was quite hot and humid i left on the 1st May just before a very bad storm.Compared to February / March i just found it a lot more humid. Towards the end of April you could hit a few cloudy afternoons and perhaps an odd shower in the evening or late afternoon.I have not been in May so can not comment on the weather for this month.

The Sarojin is a gorgeous award winning boutique resort on the beautifull Pak Weeb beach. It is one of the best hotels in Khao Lak and very popular for weddings and honeymooners. It is also very expensive. Is it worth the price if you want a honeymoon to remember it will provide you with an unforgettable personalised holiday experience and honeymoon to remember. It is also within walking distance of two of the best beach restaurants in Khao Lak The Rim Lay rest and also the famous Boatyard Rest and the ones on White Sand Beach Ao Thong.

I dont know much about Scuba Diving as i prefer to snorkel but you could have a look at

www.sea-bees.com and other dive places you will find info at www.khaolaklovers.com and also

www.khaolak.de . There is plenty of info on both of these sites including maps of the khao lak areas.

Julie

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
80 reviews
4. Re: Khao Lak in April/May - Honeymoon

We spent our Honeymoon at the Merlin and it was fantastic!

It has 120 bedrooms but you never feel cramped, even when full because the hotel is built over quite a large area.

It's certainly worth checking out the webpage. We really couldnt fault it.

5. Re: Khao Lak in April/May - Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2010, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak