We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of Drinks at the Ramada

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Price of Drinks at the Ramada

Hi to all you helpful people out there. I'm planning a trip to Khao Lak, probably staying at The Ramada and was wondering how expensive the drinks are. We're not planning on drinking all day, but we do like the occasional beer in the afternoon and enjoy a sun-downer cocktail. Is there a happy hour at the Ramada? Can anybody advise on approximate prices?

We recently spent a couple of weeks in Borneo and found the drinks were so expensive (on the bill for dinner, one beer and one fruit juice came to almost the same as the food did) it kind of spoilt it for us. We're use to Langkawi prices but have yet to try Thailand so any help you can give will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
Siam Turmeric
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Fast food, Deli
Pam's Restaurant & Bar
₹, Seafood, Asian, Thai
Ben's Restaurant
₹, Pizza, Seafood, Italian
suffolk
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Price of Drinks at the Ramada

hi cadwoman

we stayed at ramada end of april and my only complaint was the price of drinks for an example we had a meal in the resturant on fish night and i had 3 pints of lager during the evening, price after adding tax and service charge was 600bht (£20)

the price at swimup bar was 240bht +service & tax for a coctail there was a happy hour (two for one)

this was the only time we saw many people at the bar at lunch times there seemed to be a mass exidus to the beach bars the food and drink is quite a big difference also in the evenings there are many good priced bars and resturants within walking distance we did bring up the issue of drink prices with the hotel they said they would discuss this at there next meeting but dont let this put you off staying at ramada its a great hotel in a great location

hope this helps

Queensland
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Price of Drinks at the Ramada

Great hotel dont worry about the price of the grog I will guarantee its heaps cheaper than where you come from .

Bob stewart's calculations must have been done with a slide rule (its is a very long time since 600 baht = 20 pound.)

pommies aways seem to winge..... Happy travels

Burra

suffolk
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Price of Drinks at the Ramada

sorry when i said 600bht for 3 drinks i should have said 900bht (£20) perhaps the clever aussie that says you will pay less than you will at home would make up the difference all the best from a wingeing pom

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Price of Drinks at the Ramada

Many Thanks to you both. I'm sure to toast you with my first cock-tail when I get there.

Queensland
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Price of Drinks at the Ramada

Hey Bobby boy

It would be my pleasure to shout the difference and even shout( thats when you pay )the drinks too .Some thing I dont think you poms would know much about.

Burra

6. Re: Price of Drinks at the Ramada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2009, 10:56
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak