We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bamboo Floating Restaurant at Bang Muang

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,071 posts
120 reviews
201 helpful votes
Bamboo Floating Restaurant at Bang Muang

Hi,

The Bamboo Floating Restaurant which i was introduced to last year is one of the secrets between the locals. I was first taken to it one night but in the dark could not quite work out the location. However i got hubby to get a local to take him in the daytime on a motorbike. The food was some of the best i have eaten in Thailand and i would rate it as good as the Rim Lay and the Boatyard.On my last visit i went with 5 locals and we had loads of dishes and drinks the bill came to 1100baht.The fish we had was huge.

You will either need transport to get there or a taxi but it is well worth the trip you will not be disapointed. Bang Muang is on the way to Takuapa on highway 4 it is near the turn off on highway 4 to Kho Khao Island. Just past here you will come to a more built up area of a small market past the market on your left you will see a dirt track road go down it 200yds and you will see the houseboat on the estuary which is the restaurant. There are now quite a lot of signs on highway 4 promoting this restaurant. This is now one of my favourites in the area.

I have taken a few pics a few weeks ago.

www.photobox.co.uk/album/104220979

Julie

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
180 helpful votes
1. Re: Bamboo Floating Restaurant at Bang Muang

I've been waiting for Julie to bring wider attention to this excellent restaurant so that I could thank her and Ken for introucing us to this super local eaterie, now one of our favourites and an established one for locals from near and far.

A word of warning, I would take the food as it comes and not ask for "pet" (spicy) or "pet pet" (very spicy) as it is "Thai style" already - pet pet!!! Watch out for the tiny peppercorns, they are hotter than the chillies!!!!

Great photos, Julie.

Regards

Alan

Aussie
Level Contributor
454 posts
12 reviews
24 helpful votes
2. Re: Bamboo Floating Restaurant at Bang Muang

Oh I am :( I can't view the photos

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,071 posts
120 reviews
201 helpful votes
3. Re: Bamboo Floating Restaurant at Bang Muang

Mumjo

Try the photo link again you should now have access.

Julie

Aussie
Level Contributor
454 posts
12 reviews
24 helpful votes
4. Re: Bamboo Floating Restaurant at Bang Muang

Thanks Julie... yep, works now! Looks great! 1 week today! Yay :)

5. Re: Bamboo Floating Restaurant at Bang Muang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 02:47