We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bamboo Floating Restaurant at Bang Muang

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Bamboo Floating Restaurant at Bang Muang

Hi,

The Bamboo Floating Restaurant which i was introduced to last year is one of the secrets between the locals. I was first taken to it one night but in the dark could not quite work out the location. However i got hubby to get a local to take him in the daytime on a motorbike. The food was some of the best i have eaten in Thailand and i would rate it as good as the Rim Lay and the Boatyard.On my last visit i went with 5 locals and we had loads of dishes and drinks the bill came to 1100baht.The fish we had was huge.

You will either need transport to get there or a taxi but it is well worth the trip you will not be disapointed. Bang Muang is on the way to Takuapa on highway 4 it is near the turn off on highway 4 to Kho Khao Island. Just past here you will come to a more built up area of a small market past the market on your left you will see a dirt track road go down it 200yds and you will see the houseboat on the estuary which is the restaurant. There are now quite a lot of signs on highway 4 promoting this restaurant. This is now one of my favourites in the area.

I have taken a few pics a few weeks ago.

www.photobox.co.uk/album/104220979

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Rim Lay
Rim Lay
203 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Boatyard
Boatyard
239 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Siam Turmeric
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Fast food, Deli
Pam's Restaurant & Bar
₹, Seafood, Asian, Thai
Ben's Restaurant
₹, Pizza, Seafood, Italian
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bamboo Floating Restaurant at Bang Muang

I've been waiting for Julie to bring wider attention to this excellent restaurant so that I could thank her and Ken for introucing us to this super local eaterie, now one of our favourites and an established one for locals from near and far.

A word of warning, I would take the food as it comes and not ask for "pet" (spicy) or "pet pet" (very spicy) as it is "Thai style" already - pet pet!!! Watch out for the tiny peppercorns, they are hotter than the chillies!!!!

Great photos, Julie.

Regards

Alan

Aussie
Level Contributor
454 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bamboo Floating Restaurant at Bang Muang

Oh I am :( I can't view the photos

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bamboo Floating Restaurant at Bang Muang

Mumjo

Try the photo link again you should now have access.

Julie

Aussie
Level Contributor
454 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bamboo Floating Restaurant at Bang Muang

Thanks Julie... yep, works now! Looks great! 1 week today! Yay :)

5. Re: Bamboo Floating Restaurant at Bang Muang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 02:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak