We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Sand Beach

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
White Sand Beach

Previously one of Khao Lak's best kept secrets, Aow Thong or White Sand Beach is now one of the most popular day trips for visitors wanting to enjoy, of course, the white sand beach, and the wider beautiful panorama of Bang Sak Bay with Aow Thong sitting in the centre of Pak Weeb Beach with Cape Pakarang to the south and Bang Sak Beach to the north.

The beach is wide and the ocean safe for swimming and is very popular with families with children of all ages.

There are also three very good restaurants here with some very cute dining huts in the centre one. They are open all day into the evening, where sunset is an excellent time to enjoy some fresh fish or tiger prawns or just a cocktail. After dark the fairy lights twinkling in the trees add to the rich panoply of stars on cloudless nights.

Taxis run frequently to and from resorts and the various parts of Khao Lak or you can get here easily yourself by hire car or motor bike. It's just 10km from the centre of Bang La On. Take the main highway north, through Bang Niang, then Khuk Khak, past the Khao Lak Elephant Trek until you reach a sign on the left for Pakarang, the Sarojin and other resorts. There is a 711 mini-mart on the corner. Turn left and follow the signs for the Sarojin/White Sand Beach. Continue 100 metres or so past the entrance to the Sarojin and you are there.

These are also the directions for the excellent Boatyard Restaurant which is a short stroll down the beach or just go straight through at the last Sarojin signpost to park up there.

Some pics and short video to whet your appetite or bring back memories at:

http://tinyurl.com/dfcvjs

Aussie
Level Contributor
454 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: White Sand Beach

That beach looks delightful Alan.... where can I find the video? Starting to get very excited now with 13 sleeps to go!

Jo :)

Aussie
Level Contributor
454 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: White Sand Beach

Ooops... found it, I didn't click on the first one cause I thought it was the same photo as the second one...der! :)

London
Level Contributor
55 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: White Sand Beach

Great pics Alan. It looks like the weather has improved - I was getting concerned with forecasts and talk about rain & cloud.

Am I right in thinking we turn left out of Le Meridien and keep walking until we get to White Sand Beach? Also at 13 sleeps - can't wait!!!!! Cheers, Lally

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: White Sand Beach

Hi Lally,

Exactly but do be very careful if the tide is in and covering the rocks at the point just beyond the Rim Lay! We watched from the White Sand Beach as a lady coming from the LM waded up to her waist around the rocks and nearly got bowled over by the waves. It would be very nasty if that happened.

It was Full Moon last night so high tide and rough seas. Weather is still unsettled but on the mend, I hope!

Regards

Alan

5. Re: White Sand Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 18:51
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak