We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

valuables on boat trips

ireland
Level Contributor
69 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
valuables on boat trips

can someone tell me what we should do with our valuables on a surins snorkel trip, ie camera cash wallet etc while we are in the water. thanks, norny.

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,589 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: valuables on boat trips

Put them in your bag. We left our watches behind and just took a minimal amount of cash that was kept in a waterproof diving wallet. Our camera we put in our bag - as did everyone else. You would be very unlucky to encounter a thief amongst tourists on these type of trips and I think the crew value their jobs.

NH USA
Level Contributor
412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: valuables on boat trips

We did a Surin snorkeling trip over Xmas and left cameras and wallets in our bag on the boat. Since it was basically all tourists and the staff I never thought of someone taking my stuff. We did not bring alot of cash since majority of things were included in the price. I felt very safe with the staff.

Mentioned in this post
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
2,216 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,449 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: valuables on boat trips

I agree entirely with previous poster but for added security Mrs.A being a non-swimmer spends some time in the boat and looks after our stuff.

ireland
Level Contributor
69 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: valuables on boat trips

thanks people for the quick replies. we'll leave it all in a bag on the boat. how much cash would we need to take on this surin trip with greenview company, ie what would we need cash for exactly. and finally, do we book now online or wait till we get there in the hope of some discount from tour reps in khao lak? many thanks, norny.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,449 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: valuables on boat trips

You only need a small amount of cash for either buying souvenirs at the pier where you depart from or any drinks, other than those provided, wwith lunch plus any tips you care to give to the "boat boys" if you have enjoyed the trip and them. At the moment tour prices here are very competitive so if you are flexible with your dates, I would wait until you arrive and shop around.

NH USA
Level Contributor
412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: valuables on boat trips

As Anrandora mentioned you do not need much cash. If you are having lunch at the Surin National Park as I did they do have a small store selling all sorts of snacks and tee shirts/souvenirs so you might want to budget for that too.

Enjoy your trip the snorkeling is wonderful.

Mentioned in this post
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
2,216 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
7. Re: valuables on boat trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 21:50
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak