We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarojin - excursions

Adelaide
Level Contributor
269 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Sarojin - excursions

If I was going to take one of the glamorous excursions from the Sarojin in June (yes - I know it's more expensive than from a local organiser but its our honeymoon) - would I be better off doing the luxury speedboat to Phang Nga/James Bond Island or an elephant trekking/jungle trip?

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Phang Nga
Phang Nga
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
James Bond Island
James Bond Island
3,226 Reviews
Ao Phang Nga National Park, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarojin - excursions

If the cost of either is acceptable to you, I would do the luxury speedboat trip and book an elephant trek yourself locally. The best one locally, I think, is Saurung Elephant treck whicxh takes you to a lovely waterfall which in June should be full of water. This is no more than a half-day trip. If you want a full day including an elephant trek/jungle trip, there's nowhere better than Khao Sok National Park. This would normally include a raft ride down the river which, again, because of the season will be more full than it is at the moment.

Have a look at Khao Lak Land Discovery, for instance, to give you an idea of options and prices.

www.khaolaklanddiscovery.com/bookings.php

Bear in mind though, if you go on the Lady Sarojin to Phang Nga Bay, although the Bay in June will be relatively calm, going along the coast from Khao Lak should be quite bumpy, so anti sea sickness pills might be a good idea. :)

Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
1,134 Reviews
Surat Thani, Thailand
Khao Lak Land Discovery
Khao Lak Land Discovery
695 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Phang Nga Bay
Phang Nga Bay
1,606 Reviews
Ao Phang Nga National Park, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
2. Re: Sarojin - excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 21:50
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak