We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car+Driver BKK to Khao Lak ??

SUNSHINE COAST...
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
286 reviews
Save Topic
Car+Driver BKK to Khao Lak ??

We are going to Khao Lak in April, would it be crazy to get a car and driver and go by road rather than fly ?? We have been to Khao Lak and Phuket before and thought maybe going by road would be a scenic change ! I know it is approx 650 km from Bangkok.

A couple of questions - how long would it take and any ideas on a cost ??

Has anyone done this trip ??

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car+Driver BKK to Khao Lak ??

I have driven quite a few of the roads in southern Thailand and whilst there are some interesting towns and sights I doubt that you will see and appreciate much unless you allow at least 3 days for the trip.

Personally, I would fly to Phuket or Krabi and drive from there.

We have pics and stories of our trips here... www.bobandjanette.com which may prove useful.

Happy & safe travels

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
2. Re: Car+Driver BKK to Khao Lak ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 04:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak