We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak in June

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
42 posts
25 reviews
Khao Lak in June

Thanks to this forum and the 2009 beach photos I've narrowed my search down to Bang Niang and Nang Thong beaches.

We're hoping to spend about 7-10 days at the end of our holiday on a nice beach. Our ideal location would be on a beach but our budget is for about £30 a night so this may not be possible. We like to chill through the day sometimes with a couple of beers and a nice lunch, at night walking distance for food would be great.

Size of resort doesn't matter.

Any ideas?

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
42 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Khao Lak in June

After several more hours on this and the Khao Lak lovers site, I've narrowed my search to Bang Niang beach.

I Think that even in the green season £30 is a bit unrealistic so it would be more like £40 -£45.

Bungalow style accomodation would be top of my list but anything with a nice balcony may do.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Khao Lak in June

Hi Gunner,

I think you are right in choosing Bang Niang for June for a beachfront or near baechfront bungalow with restaurants and bars still open in the Green Season and within walking distance.

Have a look at this German site khaolak.de/khaolakbeach/eBangNiangBeach.htm and in particular Sita Gardens which is a very small but very nice bungalow resort, right on the baechfront. I think the rates shown at the moment are all High Season so send them an enquiry to find June rates which should be a lot cheaper.

Try also the new Golden Sands Resort which is also beachfront at www.goldensandskhaolak.com, email md@goldensandskhaolak.com and the very nice Jasmin resort which is just two roads back at www.jasminresort.com, email info@jasminresort.com

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
42 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Khao Lak in June

Thanks very much for the information, the link was for a site I hadn't seen before and had a couple of possible options.

I tried to look at the Jasmin Resort but the site was only available in German. I will try to email for information in English.

Am I right in thinking that the best way to get to Khao Lak is via Phuket Airport and then a taxi?

Do you know of any reliable drivers who offer this service?

Thanks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Khao Lak in June

Hi gunner,

Yes, fly to Phuket then taxi. There are plenty available just outside the Arrivals Hall. Go through the taxi touts and turn right when you go outside. Go to the kiosk and book your taxi. It is a faixed rate of currently I think 1500 baht.

There may be other members who recommend other services or operators they have used.

Returning from Khao Lak is no problem. There are plenty of taxi operators about. One at the moment in the centre of Bang la On, called "Better than Hotel" is offering KL to Airport for 1000 baht.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
42 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Khao Lak in June

Wow that was quick, thank you very much.

I loved the photos of the beaches that you posted.

Thanks

Susanne

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: Khao Lak in June

Thanks and you are very welcome.

7. Re: Khao Lak in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 22:51
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak