We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants that let you take your own wine

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
73 posts
Restaurants that let you take your own wine

can anyone help me if there are any restaurants that let you take your own wine and just charge corkage in Khao Lak - am so fed up with beer and would like to share a nice bottle of wine with our food but so often unavailable or ridiculously priced.

thanks

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,850 posts
119 reviews
1. Re: Restaurants that let you take your own wine

I took wine to restaurants several times, at no time was corkage charged and no one minded - or kept their opinion to themselves if they did. Be careful what you buy - bought a bottle of Thai white that I think was called Mukdala - wouldn't recommend at all!! The house white at most restaurants was ok and the price ranged from 90 to 200 baht. I can't remember which one was 90 baht - might have been Hmeu Hmukata (?spelling but you'll see it on the map) at Bang Niang and apologies if incorrect but I would add that we enjoyed the meal we had there better than any other in KL. Had European options.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Restaurants that let you take your own wine

As TazmoPerth says no problem in local restaurants. The ones in resorts or those offering specials, like Joe's Steakhouse in Bang Niang (bottle of Auusie red or white plus any 2 items from the menu except biggest steaks for 1500 baht. Wine alone 990 baht. House red/white Italian 250 baht for 0.5ltr flask) might get iffy but never been charged corkage. The Nang Thong Supermarket in Bang La On has best selection.

3. Re: Restaurants that let you take your own wine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 23:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations