We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Similan Islands are there any 1 day scuba trips there???

West Midlands
Level Contributor
304 posts
24 reviews
Similan Islands are there any 1 day scuba trips there???

planning to stay at Khao Lak and wondered if there are any 1 day scuba dives to the place any recommendations??????

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
1. Re: Similan Islands are there any 1 day scuba trips there???

Hi

I only snorkel but you will find plenty of dive outfits in Khao Lak have a look at www.mykhaolak.de for a list of companies under dive centers.

Julie

West Midlands
Level Contributor
304 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Similan Islands are there any 1 day scuba trips there???

thankyou for the link

UK
Level Contributor
968 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Similan Islands are there any 1 day scuba trips there???

Hi Mickynicky - I have just been out on a one day trip to the Similans and would really recommend the dive company I went with - www.wickeddiving.com. You can email paul there on pland@wickeddiving.com.

Our divemaster was a guy called Henrik and he was great, I think he is around until April if you are there before then.

Pick up was early morning and a drive to the pier. Easy transfer over on a huge speedboat, lots of space, the crew were really nice.

I did a refresher course in the morning as I hadn't been diving for about 6 years and did this from the shore of Honeymoon Bay (OMG - such a beautiful idyllic beach) but the other divers went off on the boat to do their dive. Then after lunch, a 2nd dive. Got back to Khao Lak about 4.30pm. Lovely day and would v much recommend this outfit.

BB

london
Level Contributor
987 posts
125 reviews
4. Re: Similan Islands are there any 1 day scuba trips there???

Hi there

Am just back from KL and there are scores of outfits that offer these day trips. I did 3 x 1 day Scuba diving trips to the Similans with Similan Diving Safaris, who were absolutely excellent.

I spent one night in the National Park cottages on the Similans which were very basic and not very clean , but I loved being able to stay overnight on these beautiful islands.The trip at 90 minutes each way on a speedboat is fairly long but well worth it.

For the day trip you are picked up at 6.45 then given breakfast and you catch a speed boat to the islands , dive 1 is 10-11ish , then you have lunch on the beach followed by another dive and departure at about 2.30 p.m.

On these trips I was lucky enough to spot sharks and several turtles as well as fabulous reef fish.

Hope this helps

IRE 123

Phang Nga, Thailand
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
5. Re: Similan Islands are there any 1 day scuba trips there???

It's good to hear that visitors have a good choice of quality providers for these trips. Further recommendations are always welcome.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
304 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Similan Islands are there any 1 day scuba trips there???

wow i just love this site for all the advise ... how much did the dive cost

london
Level Contributor
987 posts
125 reviews
7. Re: Similan Islands are there any 1 day scuba trips there???

Hi there

It cost about Bhat 5k for a day trip including equipment.

However the dive gear was absolutely brand new and the boat extremely comfortable and also looked brand new. The service was second to none : travel sickness tablets, endless lovely fruit and water, a great lunch.

The service was awesome, the crew really spoil you with getting your kit together and changing your tank.

The last day there were 5 DMs and instructors on the baot with 10 divers !

West Midlands
Level Contributor
304 posts
24 reviews
8. Re: Similan Islands are there any 1 day scuba trips there???

my youngest is 10 and would be interested in his open water any ideas how much and how long would he do it for

london
Level Contributor
987 posts
125 reviews
9. Re: Similan Islands are there any 1 day scuba trips there???

Open Water courses take a minimum of 4 full days , any less are rushed IMHO and the student really will not be competent enough to dive safely and look after a buddy in an emergency.

I seem to remember that they were advertised for Bhat 20K approx . There are various options , some of which involve doing the last 2 days in the waters around the Similans.

Hope this helps

Manchester UK
11 posts
10. Re: Similan Islands are there any 1 day scuba trips there???

If your 10 year old is happy with doing the open water course go with it. You have to learn sometime and a novice diver is a novice diver no matter how old.

My eldest did his PADI open water in Thailand when he was 10 and now has over 200 dives logged and is a very competant diver and a buddy I would always trust.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak