We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le merridian Ocean front Villa

dublin
14 posts
Le merridian Ocean front Villa

Has any one stayed in these rooms and have any pics ?

These seems to facing beach , Is there a privacy issue ?

Travelling in Mid april any recommendation ?

Thanks in advance

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Le merridian Ocean front Villa

Hi Zaplin,

Although in our stays at the Le Meridien we didn't stay in an Ocean Villa, there are some pictures included in our snaps here:

www.photobox.co.uk/my/album?album_id=24635279

They are beach facing, separated from the beach by a walkway which is supposed to be for villa guests only but you do get the occasional curious passers by having a look at any vacant ones. Hotel management showed us around one and it was very nice indeed.

One visit lasted from mid April into May when the Wet (Green) Season starts. Temperatures and humidity rise as the Wet Season approaches with a greater tendency for cloud and mid-afternoon/evening showers or thunderstorms, sometimes quite heavy but usually not lasting too long. Still very enjoyable though!

Songkran (Thai New Year) is on 13th April and rates start to drop just after this (sometimes at the beginning of April) so you can get really good deals.

I'm sure you will enjoy Le Meridien and Khao Lak.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: Le merridian Ocean front Villa

Hi

I will be there from the 23rd Feb staying at the Le Meridien and will have a good look at the privacy issue for you as i have a appointment booked to view these villas. I will take some pictures to view as well.

Julie

UK
Level Contributor
968 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Le merridian Ocean front Villa

We are here at the moment and have seen these from the beach. I think there are some pics in the review section that you could take a look at. The villas occupy some of Le M's wide beachfront. There are pools immediately in front of the villa, then a walkway and then in most cases I think a couple of beds for the villa that are nearly on the beach but just set back. They are not completely private - if you are walking down the beach to the Rim Lay restaurant, you can see up into the villas at night if the lights are on and the curtains not drawn. But the view is not completely open as there is quite a lot of planting between the villa and the beach. They do look lovely. We didn't realise the pathway in front of the villas is for villa guests only so walked along it on our way back from the beach one night - oops - so yes, you will get some people walking along there perhaps. If I didn't have a baby ready to crawl into the pool the minute I opened the door, I'd move into one like a shot.

If you want something more private, I wonder if the private pool villas might be better - I think there might be some of these with the pool enclosed. There is another oceanfront villa type - I think it is called the residence ocean front villa and it is very set aside and private. But this is 2 bed and is their top villa.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Le merridian Ocean front Villa

We have been fortunate enough to stay in both pool villas and beach front. We were there last April for our 25th and it was heaven.

The Pool Villas are completely private, as you have your own walled garden. These are perfectly lovely with the day bed, own pool & jacuzzi etc, I did occassionally find due to the closed in nature of the gardens they are even hotter and steamier than normal - no air!!!

My pref is definitely the beach front villas. There is nothing nicer than getting up in the morning and taking your coffee/tea to your own deck with table and chairs looking directly out to sea. The privacy issue is not huge. One thing to note, which someone mentioned is that one or two of the villas have more trees etc in the front and the garden area is not as nice. Do not have the villas close to the Hotel, better ones further down the beach.

dublin
14 posts
5. Re: Le merridian Ocean front Villa

Thanks you all for resposes. we are looking forward to be there.

Can any one confirm if they have a Wifi acces in the rooms ? I could'nt find any any regarding this

Thanks

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
6. Re: Le merridian Ocean front Villa

Hi

There is free wifi in the lobby area of the hotel and lounge which is where you will find everybody with the laptops. Not to sure about the rooms as it will be the first year i have taken a laptop if there is a connection in your room it will be chargeable .

Julie

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: Le merridian Ocean front Villa

When we were first there it was a wired connection in our room but chargeable as Julie stated. We got it free though after so many problems with it. I used the wireless in the lobby after that.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
233 reviews
8. Re: Le merridian Ocean front Villa

Hi,

Only wired connection in the rooms and 300baht an hour. We just took our laptop up to the lobby and enjoyed the free wifi from there with a chilled drink!

Sarah

xx

9. Re: Le merridian Ocean front Villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 01:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak