We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkling day trip - Similan or Surins ?

ireland
Level Contributor
69 posts
33 reviews
Snorkling day trip - Similan or Surins ?

Staying at the Ramada for 5 nights in April. Which location would you pick for a snorkling day trip ? many thanks, Norny.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
1. Re: Snorkling day trip - Similan or Surins ?

Hi Norny,

For snorkeling i allways like to go to the Surin Islands with Kuraburi Greenview. The locals allways tell me Surin for snorkeling Similan for diving.I book my trip with www.khaolaktours.info at the moment it is reduced and includes pick up from Khao Lak. Hubby went a few weeks ago and saw reef sharks and said the snorkeling was amazing.

Julie

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Snorkling day trip - Similan or Surins ?

Hi Norny,

If it is purely the snorkeling, then the Surins. If you want better scenery and a bit of time to enjoy the fabulous beaches and views from onshore as well then the Similans. As well as the previous recommendation many tour operators in Khao Lak offer both tours. We used Khao lak Land Discovery for our day trip to the Similans and were very pleased with it. They have a slightly different itinerary, visiting sites others don't use and at times when the bays they stop at are not full with the arrivals from Phuket - see http://www.khaolaklanddiscovery.com/

I don't think either will disappoint though.

ireland
Level Contributor
69 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Snorkling day trip - Similan or Surins ?

Thanks for the fast replies. considering the cost 2300thb to 3100thb, do you think a trip to both locations would be worth the cost. ( 2 adults) ?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Snorkling day trip - Similan or Surins ?

Personally, unless I was a VERY keen snorkeller, one trip would be enough, especially as you will only be in KL for 5 nights. Save the other for when you return to Khao Lak! :)

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
5. Re: Snorkling day trip - Similan or Surins ?

Hi Norny,

It is worth the cost if you love boat trips like me. Having said that April can be very hot and humid. I did one boat trip too many last year in April and got fried.

Julie

6. Re: Snorkling day trip - Similan or Surins ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 06:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak