We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

That Pink Floyd feeling!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
That Pink Floyd feeling!

Just returned from an excellent meal at Weerapat's Kitchen, one of the more authentic and "true to its roots" restaurants in Khao Lak. It's on the right hand side of the highway going north out of Bang La On, the main township, sandwiched between Khao Lak Seafood and the Happy Snapper Bar.

We had Laab Moo (spicy northern Thai minced pork taken with sticky rice and eaten with fingers). Then Penang Gai (Penang chicken curry) and prawns with garlic and pepper. Followed off with yummy mango and sticky rice.

Having found we had to ask at some restaurants in Bang La On for a dish to be "pet" (spicy) or even "pet, pet" otherwise it would be a bit too bland for our palate, we took our savoury courses as they came, the kitchen here being renowned for "pet" as standard.

We were not disappointed and hence, as per the title of one of my favourite Floyd numbers, we left with our lips "Comfortably Numb".

Together with 1 large, 1 small Chang and an orange shake, the bill came to an also comfortable 560 baht.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Happy Snapper
Happy Snapper
174 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
Preston, UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: That Pink Floyd feeling!

Hi Alan

Can't wait to leave Manchester for Thailand on Saturday,the only thing "Numb" with me at the moment is my "fingers and nose" with this cold weather!!

Philip

Mentioned in this post
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: That Pink Floyd feeling!

Two weeks and counting for me. My first stop will be for a large chang and prawns with garlic and pepper. Paradise .

Julie

Phang Nga, Thailand
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: That Pink Floyd feeling!

Pink Floyd?

Wasn't that the music that came on those strange black flat round things?

Buriram, Thailand
Level Contributor
741 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: That Pink Floyd feeling!

"wish you were here" comes to mind!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: That Pink Floyd feeling!

"Shine on you crazy diamond" is my Khao Lak anthem! So far it is - very gloriously!!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
6. Re: That Pink Floyd feeling!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 11:50
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak