We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Sands Beach Resort Khaolak

Lund
3 posts
Golden Sands Beach Resort Khaolak

Hi !

Any one have some information about this hotel, thinking of this hotel for my vacation in december.

http://www.goldensandsbeachkhaolak.com/

Please let me now if you have some information

Johan

Phang Nga, Thailand
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
1. Re: Golden Sands Beach Resort Khaolak

Hi Johan,

The Golden Sands Beach Resort was constructed in late 2008, so is one of the newest hotels in Khao Lak.

It's located on Bang Niang beach which has a good range of bars, restaurants and shops within walking distance. It's located next to the Coconut Grove restaurant on the map in this thread-

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k25…

The Sea Facing villas are as close to the beach as you can get, although the rooms round the pool looked quite close together when I had a look while they were building it.

Phang Nga, Thailand
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
2. Re: Golden Sands Beach Resort Khaolak

PS

currently Sea View 4500 baht per night, Pool View 3400 baht per night.

Lund
3 posts
3. Re: Golden Sands Beach Resort Khaolak

I have book a bungalow Deluxe Seaview, traveling alone just want to eat, relaxing, swiming, and enyoing life.

Think this hotel and Khaolak is a good choice.

Do not want too much people like Phuket.

Phang Nga, Thailand
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
4. Re: Golden Sands Beach Resort Khaolak

Hi Johan,

You have picked a good location. There are very good restaurants in Bang Niang and the beach is relatively uncrowded and virtually undeveloped at it's northern and southern ends. Very nice for walking and relaxing.

I hope you have a great holiday.

Lund
3 posts
5. Re: Golden Sands Beach Resort Khaolak

Hi

Think I have got a very good deal from my Swedish travel company, if the price is 4500 THB, paying 62,595 THB for 14 nights including flight from Sweden 11 of December.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
6. Re: Golden Sands Beach Resort Khaolak

Hi Johan.

Bang Niang is an ideal place to stop. The golden sands is a new build resort and from what i hear very nice indeed.You will have an excellent choice of resturans and places to have a drink in the locality. The Amanusa is very good also the Takieng and many others. It is a great place to relax and just chill out and nothing like Phuket or its crowds. Just hope it stays this way!!!!!!

Julie

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: Golden Sands Beach Resort Khaolak

A growing choice of restaurants with different cuisine and various prices. Generally speaking being newer than the ones in Bang La On they are better decorated and comfortable. However the competition for customers is great and already the new Italian that opened opposite the established Pinoccio's has closed down both its indoor restaurant and the open air one nearby. It always did seem risky to set up competition SO close by especially when pizza/pasta is one of the more expensive dining options.

Marc's Steakhouse, though, down the road opposte Pinoccios continues to offer good value for meat eaters like me.

8. Re: Golden Sands Beach Resort Khaolak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 11:53
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak